anyone using arrows 4.5 or 9 hp kit?

GoldenMotor.com

stephen1

Jun 6, 2013
Ferndale Michigan
Id like to jakebike has a 7hp motor and a top end kit for 299.00 which would punch your motor out to a 7hp Im going with the kit ill post the power and speed once i get to let you know

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
stephn, u got a website?

i wouldnt buy the 9hp kit but the 4.5 seems reasonable. complete kit and all i need to do it mount it on. I tried to search but it kept taking me to google and nothing on goolge for reviews. maybe its my phone? lol i will search again when i get home

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
He's right David Rust won't even entertain a conversation about selling you the reed crankcase 9 horsepower unless you're registered racer with a number plate assigned to your name .somethings money just can't buy ,you have to be somebody with money .

Arrowcycles

Feb 15, 2012
La Habra, CA
Ok Dan, I think I have entertained you plenty by the look at my phone bill and I will sell you a 9 hp but this engine is not for everyone. You need to have a lot of knowledge in tuning or you can burn it up fast just like every racing engine. I do have some guys who are not racing that have them but they have the experience in racing engines and understand that race engines need lots of maintenance. There are over thirty of them out there and over a 100 4.5s. I have only one motor returned to the shop for a broken ring. When purchasing a racing engine, I always recommend that a phone consultation is necessary. I only sell these engines if I'm comfortable knowing that you are not going to have problems with it. Some guys just are not cut out for this engine. No offense, it's just a very finicky engine that needs a lot of attention in the tuning department.

Yours truly,
Dave

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Well, thanks Dave. Let she what kind of mood my Cougars (sugarmoma) after dinner tonight I definitely want one . Good to hear from you brother . I had set (RCM) Fred pics of your Reedblock & his Head polished up to a mirror finish , hope he shared with you. Gota cougar up before I contact you peace .

Scooterduder

Apr 30, 2017
Phoenix Arizona
Well I spent just over 700 dollars on March 22, 2017 to get what Arrow Motorized Cycles calls their "7hp Big Block". That's big money when it comes to motorized bicycles!
It shipped out to me on April 12, 2017 and arrived on April 14, 2017. On April 12 I was sent an email with an apology about the carburetor coming later because of a damaged shipment. No problem. So on April 25 the new carburetor was on it's way. It shows up on April 28 and it's a Huafeng carburetor. It seems to be a cheap Chinese copy of a Japanese Keihin.
I'm expecting a Keihin 16mm like anyone would if they study the Arrow webpage. Check out the "high-performance-ported-cylinders--carburetor-combos" section. It's all Keihin 16mm on the 2 strokes except if you buy the "9.5 HP Reed Case Racing Engine" which comes with a 26 mm VM round slide racing carb, a Mikuni.

Also the 700 dollar modified engine I bought came with a cheap little plastic fuel filter that was also damaged. Not a big deal, I emailed them about this and suggested that they send a replacement like the mere 10 dollar metal fuel filter that they sell on their website, which should have come with the 700 dollar engine to begin with. That's huge money for a modified Grubee Skyhawk, but I took the chance. I'm having the engine installed in the next month and I'm sure it will be a nice running ride, but right now I'm not impressed at all with the way Arrow Motorized Cycles does business.

Scooterduder

Apr 30, 2017
Phoenix Arizona
Just wanted to report that I will buy from Dave Rust at Arrow again! http://www.arrowmotorizedcycles.com/index.html
I thought it was overpriced for awhile but Arrow has been providing quality for YEARS and seems to be the only trustworthy business of this type that is still around. For someone like myself that needs the engine work done for them I know of no one else.. My bike was stolen on Christmas Eve 2020. It had the 7hp Arrow motor and a lot of custom parts. Can't wait to ride again.