Felt QX65 Morini S6-C

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I used a 52 tooth sprocket on 24" wheels for the track and that worked out well. The hard part is setting the clutch up to engage at 8.2k-8.4k engagement with the 3 shoe. It's a pain in the rear plus the washers tend to flatten out after awhile. A 56t sprocket should work well for everyday use but if you want to get the best performance out of the motor, buy a Tomar clutch. It will fully engage at whatever engagement you set it at.
The clutch made the biggest difference in my opinion.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
well after a few runs I did a plug reading, unless i'm wrong (very likely) it's running relatively rich but thats probably good for break in. Also a few of the bike and the oil filtration/soon to be cooling system.

Last edited:

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
no, this already has too much power as it is, plus I can't be bothered trying to fit one on when the chances are it would end up with maybe a 10 - 15% gain absolute max. it's fine as it is.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
Does anyone know where I could find a mini oil cooler? like a really small one to put behind the radiator to cool the clutch oil during summer.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
If you look at the photos posted before, there is a mini pump mounted behind the seat. Theres a pickup line coming from the bottom with three in-line filters and a return that feeds directly into the gap between the clutch shoes and the bell.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
a small power steering cooler for a car would work. even better a small oil filter to clean the dust and big enough to double your oil volume. dennis

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i think the problem is the washers clogging with clutch material. and the same stuff might clog the cooler. i'm sure your figure it out. but i have to disagree with your H.P. figures on the morini. a china girl i'd agree with you. to each his own and have fun ride safe. dennis

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
H.P figures? i don't recal mentioning any? maybe I did hahah, and I did mention before that I have three in-line micro filters on the intake side of the pump to stop exactly that.

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
What rear sprocket are you running? It sounds like the bike is over geared and the clutch never locks up because of it. It also looks like the bike is slow getting up to speed and never hit the top speed it really should for a Morini. A Morini or KTM bike should have at least around a 52 tooth sprocket or bigger on a 26" wheel and you should be able to hear the clutch lock up and the engine accelerate beyond what you hear in the clip.
Remember the Morini type engines have to be geared lower that a china girl.

Last edited:

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
Yeah, i said before that the gearing is way too tall. it's got a 44t at the moment but I have a 56t coming from bikeberry soon, just waiting for it to ship. I'm not that fussed about it at the moment though because it acts as a rev limiter to the motor and also helps seat the rings during break-in.

Last edited: