another 18mm carb setup

GoldenMotor.com
I got this one on ebay
Item number: 350108387882
the ebay URL was just too big
I made a nice manifold with the apropriate bolt flanges at either end
the manifold is 20mm in diameter thin walled tubing
I will get pics of the setup on & how the carb worked when I get it all together
take care
JAK

edit
here is a pic of the intake

Attachments

Last edited:

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I hope you can make that work, the bikes listed for that carb to be used on are 4 strokes. I bought a 4 stroke carb by mistake and could never get it right, the biggest difference I found between 2 and 4 stroke carbs, is the taper of the needle. Keep us posted.....

Last edited:
I hope you can make that work, the bikes listed for that carb to be used on are 4 strokes. I bought a 4 stroke carb by mistake and could never get it right, the biggest difference I found between 2 and 4 stroke carbs, is the taper of the needle. Keep us posted.....
thanks man
we will see
it appears to have a idle circuit screw as well as an ide speed screw so Im thinking between the needle height, idle mixture & main jet I should be able to dial it in
I think I can get it to work :)
take care
JAK

Last edited:
Oh my freaking god :)

out of the box this carb is almost perfectly tuned

you need kind of a wild intake to make it work but it is a great carb at a great price
take care
JAK

Attachments

hey there guys
I made a different pipe which really woke the engine up & made it necessary to rejet

this cheapie ebay carb has the idle mix screw, an intermediate jet, main jet & needle adjustment
I just have to say once again how pleased I am with the carb & how well it works with the 2 stroke
take care
JAK

RLorange

Jun 21, 2008
Australia
Did the manifold come with the carb?

Looks good, how did it work in the end?

I have a new CNS carb from zbox.com.au still tuning but it is 15mm and fits on the standard intake. Your bigger intake looks very nice :)