Exhaust/Gas Tank Fabrication Supplies

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Hey gang I was looking for some links to typical fabrication pieces needed for your average Morini builders like exhaust piping pieces/bends/flanges as well as weldable filler neck and petcocks etc. I cant seem to find any of my old links and I thought this would make a good consolidation point, without having to sift through pages of threads.

Have a good one.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The most important part is to find a piece of pipe with the correct ID, so it slips over the exhaust port and can seal with the two o-rings. It took a bit of searching, but I found the right stuff, it matches the Morini blueprint and fits the OD of the exhaust port like a glove. The tubing we use is very thick wall, 0.095", so its nice and beefy.

Once you find the right sized pipe, you need a correctly sized washer to weld to the end. From there, you can weld out whatever pipe suits your fancy.

As for pics, here you go...
A kx 65 pipe or a Bills pipe. and then there is the http://motorbicycling.com/f23/new-scsw-tuned-pipes-sale-189.html

Which is not that bad it hugs the frame and being thinner hydro formed steel it runs very cool to the touch.

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
I have flanges for the exhaust port. Nice heavy wall, built to the Morini spec so they're a perfect fit.

As camlifter says, it's best to start with a donor pipe, then mod as needed. The pipe I started with had the wrong flange, so I purchased the material to make my own flanges. I fab'ed up some extras in case anyone else needed one.

Rich