New to motorbike world--Help with brakes!

GoldenMotor.com

Astroy

Jan 29, 2010
San diego
Hi I'm going to be posting from time to time for advice and questions. I've never built a motorbike before so thank you before hand for any help. I have a newer model schwinn stingray-krate frame and I have a question about the braking system. My goal is to get an 80cc engine to fit on it and I'm most likely going cut the frame and mod it a bit. My question is, what should I do about the braking system? I mean is there any alternative more improved parts for motorbikes to make it safer when going higher speeds and decelerating?

.bf.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Try a search on krate. If you search on stingray more than likley you'll get mostly OCC info.
However I have been riding for about a year with standard front and rear brakes(non-coaster) and not any problems.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
Any braking system I've used would lock the wheels if squeezed hard enough. Not sure if you can improve on that other then more rubber on the road or less air pressure in the tires.

Astroy

Jan 29, 2010
San diego
Thanks a lot everyone I'll look up what you've all suggested so far. My only concern with my bike is it's got no gears, and one simple braking method, I hold back on my pedals and my back tire brakes. So I should definitely look into a front brake.