Dave31 BoXer

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
re: Dave31 scsw BoXer

When i got mine the throttle stuck wide open because i assembled it wrong--did that ever get scary till i figured out where the kill switch was !! i put it away for winter--too cold at that speed !!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Next upgrade: 4 petal reed cage w/ Carbon Fiber reeds.
Wait til you get 1000 miles on it and you'll see more power once the motor loosens up.
Nice vid FR31. Can wait to see you hitting those Az. trails.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

Nice!!! Now I got to come back to Az. I want to see that with you riding it!!!
I'll pass on riding that I'd get hurt.
Really nice David be careful don't get hurt sounds like it will get up and go!!!
How fast does it go?
Norman

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I finished making my hub spacer and took one more last spin for today.

I am having second thoughts about operating this thing around town or any public road for that matter even at 19mph :(

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

why?
sdfkjasd'fasdf
To be honest... I am scared. Scared of getting stopped and having some MB hater cop take it away from me. It attracts a lot of attention.

The local law enforcement has found a loop hole to confiscate your MB if they want to even if you have broken no laws. They will ask you to prove you own the bike and if you cannot produce anything. They confiscate and hold it for a mandatory 30 days. Well, after 30 days it will cost you more then $1000 to get it out of impound. And receipt's dont count! They want you to prove that the state of AZ acknowledges that is your bike. Which there is the problem! We dont have any registration for bicycles that I know of, and the cops dont care. All they care about is to get us off the streets.

I am hearing more, and more Tucson Mb'rs running into this problem. One of our local vendors is considering getting a registration for our MB's to combat this problem. I am all for it!

And even though this is a (cough, cough 48cc motor) it is huge and stands out. No cop will believe it's 48cc.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Can't you register it at your local fire department?
Not that I know of but I will look more into it. Maybe I am just being a wus? Thats what my friend Alex says lol.

Hey! know that I think of it, I could register it as a off-road vehicle and that way I can at least prove ownership. I suppose Dean did not stamp any #'s on it huh? Hmmmmm, I may get tickets but that would stop them from confiscating it.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

I know he has stickers with serial numbers on them. Do you want him to send you one?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I know he has stickers with serial numbers on them. Do you want him to send you one?
Heck yeah that would be great, I was just looking into the off-road plate and the kept asking for a vin #. It would make it so much easier. I just found out too that starting this year you have to have off-road plate. Good thing I did not hit the trails yet.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

As soon as I can afford it I may look into registering it for the street, then I wont have to worry about anything.

Me and a couple buddys are going ridding tomorrow and I will finally be able to get it out of the neighborhood. Did not want to ride it with the front wheel the way it was but I hope my fix will work.

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton

sweet bike man i wish i could afford one, im thinking of trying to buid one next summer but in a hardtail mountain bike with a nice set of forks, im going to purchase the egine and exhaust from pipeline i was wondering if anyone knows if i could buy the rear rim writh the sprocket and disk brake setup on the right side of the hub and for how much if you could post pics you would make me a happy camper :D

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

Fair, Awsum Machine. Is There Only One Bolt Holding The Rear Caliper From Rotating? There Must Be Something That I Can`t See. Put Some Slime In Both Tires, My Bike Seems Sluggish Now!!?? Ron

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

Is There Only One Bolt Holding The Rear Caliper From Rotating? There Must Be Something That I Can`t See.
I'm not sure if FR's rear caliper came disassembled but here's a photo of mine.
Four bolts holding the rear caliper in place. Two are holding the adapter to the frame and the other two are holding the capliper to the adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Fair, Awsum Machine. Is There Only One Bolt Holding The Rear Caliper From Rotating? There Must Be Something That I Can`t See. Put Some Slime In Both Tires, My Bike Seems Sluggish Now!!?? Ron
It's got four bolts holding the caliper Neat T just Lake Easy Rider says.

I have been on a few bikes with disc brakes but not like these, when you need to stop...it stops!

Attachments

Last edited: