Help Needed for Tomar Hole shot Clutch

GoldenMotor.com

yang

Feb 27, 2015
california
I am trying to install a Tomar clutch into a Denardis 65cc liquid cooled engine. I talked to the guys at Quartermaster and they said the Tomar for the KTM engine fits the specs for the Denardis and to use the .010 thrust washer instead of the .025 thrust washer. I followed the instructions and installed the clutch. However I am having trouble getting it to hit hard. I have tried 4 different adjustments on the screw settings doing 1/4 turn increments. Im not sure how to measure air gap and could use some advice as to how it is done . I also was wondering if the shim that goes in between the drive hub and the friction plate should be used. I would appreciate your help and advice, Thanks Andrew

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I am trying to install a Tomar clutch into a Denardis 65cc liquid cooled engine. I talked to the guys at Quartermaster and they said the Tomar for the KTM engine fits the specs for the Denardis and to use the .010 thrust washer instead of the .025 thrust washer. I followed the instructions and installed the clutch. However I am having trouble getting it to hit hard. I have tried 4 different adjustments on the screw settings doing 1/4 turn increments. Im not sure how to measure air gap and could use some advice as to how it is done . I also was wondering if the shim that goes in between the drive hub and the friction plate should be used. I would appreciate your help and advice, Thanks Andrew
What rpm is it engaging?