Chinese Trailer Turned MB Hauler

GoldenMotor.com

magwa

Jul 14, 2015
Coarsegold, CA
Hahahaha! Look how I spelled C-h-i-n-e-s-e!!!!
I can't fix it. Oh, well.

At last design, I decided to do a tail gate and front hinged shelf. When the bike is on board, there will be little backing up.
There's room, but not for a full-monte wheel crank, I'm pretty sure.

I'm sure 95% of the time we use it, the front shelf will be lifted. And there's plenty of room at the tongue when the front's lifted.

The bike's on there now for measuring the ramp/rear stabilizer/front wheel "keeper".

Tomorrow, some peanuts installed under the subfloor to hold them whne in use. Also, some electrical clean-up and a few
staining "holidays" to be addressed.

I jettisoned the 8" wheels for 12 inchers and painted the wheel centers red. The 12's help in the load rating, as well.

The floor is made up of six 47" lengths of clack-together from a stash of plastic (fake wood) flooring from daughter
Jessica's place. I didn't want to do the floor. The girls made me.

Both the garage and the bike are a nasty mess of sawdust.
So...That was today.

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice work, magwa. You did good. Thanks for sharing your talents.
It also gives me some incentive to build a hauler. I own a sweet little motorcycle luggage trailer that I used to pull behind a hot rod. It currently has a fiberglass body but it's bolted to a very simple frame that could easily be converted into a bicycle hauler. I envision something that could carry two bikes. Thanks for the motivation.

Tom

magwa

Jul 14, 2015
Coarsegold, CA
"Mugwa" sounds like a variation of Mukwa in the Ojibwa tongue, meaning "Bear". Yes? Nice bike hauler. Welcome to the forum!
SB
I wish it were something like "bear". I kind of look like a bear. Only old. And, only shorter.

Magwa is my name. It's an iteration of J. Fenimore Cooper's "Magua". I've had the handle over forty years, I think. I think Cooper's Magua got a bum rap.

Thanks for the compliment on the "hauler"...Just about finished it today.

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Nice work. I haul my bike in the bed of my pickup, too. But that's almost always the pedal bike, as opposed to the MB.

But either way, life is good when you've got your truck, your bike and your foul weather clothes and such.

How can you be more secure?