In need of s5n intake and exhaust studs

GoldenMotor.com

boocher13

Aug 13, 2013
manchester,ct
Like the title says, my engine came with no studs in my intake or exhaust. Could someone with one of these babies let me know the length and diameter. I'm assuming there is no source for a set of nos since my local bike shop had no source either.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
6 mm on just about the whole motor but the thread count i'm not sure 1.0 or 1.25??. i have alot of s-5 parts. so let me know if you need something

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
On the S5 N exhaust I used 6mm bolts with the heads inserted into the slots on either side of the exhaust port. I didn't see a hole for a stud to fit in, there could be one there. The casting is such that the hex head on the bolt will not turn because of the casting but you have some give for slightly different exhaust pipe flanges. On the intake side you can always cut some 6mm all-thread to make studs. McMaster-Carr has 6mm all-thread.

.trlrl.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
your right dave. i was thinking of the gs top that uses studs.

Well, there were 7-8 manufacturers that used that motor. Making the exhaust so variable simplifies the task of making up a chamber. The flanges can be off from each other and still work on the S5 N.