CANT find spring fork for HUFFY

GoldenMotor.com

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
all the ones i find are too fat.

I need a spring fork to fit a .996" hole of the Huffy steering post and the ones I find only fit if I remove the bearing races.:>( ..they are a good 2 mm too FAT

yodar

Zelchco

May 28, 2009
Louisiana
I have done a few huffy bikes with springer forks and never had that problem. I used a SUN springer fork in the first picture and the lowrider style fork in the scecond pic is from streetlowrider.

a local bike shop can get the sun forks for about $50 and its good quality.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i was gonna make a joke about huffy's and springer forks, but someone might take it too seriously...

something about if you ride it over a few good bumps it will turn into a springer on it's own.

good thing i controlled myself. that joke woulda been considered "huffy hating..." :)

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm sure you've heard of the "Huffy Toss". If you haven't, don't PM me. I will tell you that it goes way back....to the 70's?

i was gonna make a joke about huffy's and springer forks, but someone might take it too seriously...

something about if you ride it over a few good bumps it will turn into a springer on it's own.

good thing i controlled myself. that joke woulda been considered "huffy hating..." :)

EDIT: I don't hate Huffy's....I just don't own one!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
tavares florida "lake county"

does that problem exist with the "american made" huff & puffs?...mine has a sticker on the steerin post of an American Flag w/usa underneath (which i taped off for the re-spray)......thats not some province in Far East is it?......

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
the blue bike is just soooo naked cool lookin!....i cant wait to "spring" mine!

I have done a few huffy bikes with springer forks and never had that problem. I used a SUN springer fork in the first picture and the lowrider style fork in the scecond pic is from streetlowrider.

a local bike shop can get the sun forks for about $50 and its good quality.

mr.charlie

Jul 27, 2010
i would think they would fit with no problem.
cool....i thinks me is gonna order 1 or 2.. now i wonder if fenders are attachable?..

thanx...oh and if the tube has to be cut down...do i assume that i thread the collar nut on it......mark tube to lenght (just below the actual collar nut depth when installed)........and band saw it...and back off the nut to chase the threads to finish?

or is there a more prefered acceptable way?

Zelchco

May 28, 2009
Louisiana
the stock huffy fenders will not work but a new set will fit fine.

That is the way to cut down the tube. try to cut it as straight as you can.
your going to love the springer fork i know it..

dont forget to tighten up all the bolts on the fork and use loctite if you have it..

cool....i thinks me is gonna order 1 or 2.. now i wonder if fenders are attachable?..

thanx...oh and if the tube has to be cut down...do i assume that i thread the collar nut on it......mark tube to lenght (just below the actual collar nut depth when installed)........and band saw it...and back off the nut to chase the threads to finish?

or is there a more prefered acceptable way?

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Every spring fork is going to fit the short steer tube of a huffy 160mm ? Most are 180mm Schwinn can be 220+ mm just get the common 180 length and cut the extra off... This don86 dude has the strongest one I've found in 165mm would be perfect for the Cranbrook... Chrome or black for the same money as the bike was...

Attachments