disc brakes on the back?

GoldenMotor.com

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
Hey Guys,

I don't think it's possible to put a disc brake on the back because of the spocket on the wheel..

is there any type of brake that is better then the pad ones I have on now that will be able to fit on?

the pads are sending rubber shavings all over the frame.

I planned on getting a disc brake for the front, should I just keep the padded brake on the back?

doh..

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You can get an "A2Z" disk caliper adapter in EBAY. You can also build your own caliper mount using 4" wide aluminum stock fron your local home inprovement store (mimicing the A2Z adapter).
The oily exhaust gets on my back rim, making my side pull brakes weak at times.

Last edited:

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
You can get an "A2Z" disk caliper adapter in EBAY. You can also build your own caliper mount using 4" wide aluminum stock fron your local home inprovement store (mimicing the A2Z adapter).
The oily exhaust gets on my back rim, making my side pull brakes weak at times.

I'm not really understanding how to mount it tho.... is there any examples of this being done?

because I can't figure out where the mount should go with the spocket on the other side of wheel.

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
The a2Z adapters seem to be for adapting one type if caliper mount to another type of caliper mount.
I don't see how they could be used to mount a caliper to a bike that never had one before.
a2z brake caliper adapter items - Get great deals on Sporting Goods items on eBay.com!

This would be awesome if it could be used as an upgrade from rim squeezer calipers.
How would it be done, wheelbender6?
doh..I'm at work right now and they block ebay, can't view it here, have to do it at home.

(thanks for the response)