Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike community!

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike communi

This is what I liked....

Product actually performs better than advertised.

Product was a value for the price.

Product arrived before promised.

Product entailed no hidden agendas.

If all retailers/producers could get this figured out, this country would again be an economic force to be reckoned with. Just my honest opinion.
Amen brother..... very true and very well said......!!!!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: Would like to offer a new engine mounted chain tensioner to the motorbike communi

i want 1 of those! talk to me . where and when ? im in !
I just tried pulling up the listing in ebay and it says listing has been removed or is no longer available.....

Dont know what is going on or if he is still making them.

map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

good deal, I guese the original link just wasnt working, Im at work on my phone so its not as easy to look stuff like that up like on the pc at home.

map

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

i was just able to buy 1 on ebay ! way cool ty for your help!
Daily, I am shipping out your tensioner in a just a few hours! To everyone else, I am sorry for not responding to this thread sooner, I wasn't getting notifications that members were posting here. The link in my signature below should work, if not, please let me know!

Thanks to everyone in the motorbicycling community, I plan on having these available for a long time to come! Safe riding to all!
brnot

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

Hi guys, I have a used chain tensioner for sale here, $23 shipped to your door within the U.S.! It has a few nicks/scratches. It comes with new stainless bolts/hardware, new spring, new chain roller and bearings. Just send me a message with your paypal address and I will send a paypal invoice your way.

To anyone who has not seen this thread before, check out the ebay link in my signature below!

Happy motorbiking!brnot

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Hi guys, I have a used chain tensioner for sale here, $23 shipped to your door within the U.S.! It has a few nicks/scratches. It comes with new stainless bolts/hardware, new spring, new chain roller and bearings. Just send me a message with your paypal address and I will send a paypal invoice your way.

To anyone who has not seen this thread before, check out the ebay link in my signature below!

Happy motorbiking!brnot

This is a heck of a deal, guys........all of our bikes run on used parts.....dance1

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod

why don't you take the roller / wheel to a lathe and cut a groove in it like map does to his wheels? I've been using one of his for about a year now w/no problems
No disrespect intended but does the chain ever slide off the polly wheel? looks like the hain might slip off the wheel
!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

why don't you take the roller / wheel to a lathe and cut a groove in it like map does to his wheels? I've been using one of his for about a year now w/no problems
No disrespect intended but does the chain ever slide off the polly wheel? looks like the hain might slip off the wheel
!

I put several hundred miles on the original roller before switching to one of Map's 'designer color' wheels ---- zero issues either way. You shouldn't have to rely on the roller to keep the chain aligned. If this is necessary, the drivetrain angles aren't proper.

turbobuick1

Nov 6, 2012
Thumb of Michigan

I put several hundred miles on the original roller before switching to one of Map's 'designer color' wheels ---- zero issues either way. You shouldn't have to rely on the roller to keep the chain aligned. If this is necessary, the drivetrain angles aren't proper.
Well put Xseler!

Also, think about it like this:

There is very little side to side motion of the chain 3" behind it, where my tensioner's roller sits. The further back along the chain you go, the more potential side to side motion you have, and of course this depends on how true your rear sprocket is. So I could justify having a grooved chain roller mounted to the frame like the stock tensioners are, but directly behind the engine? I feel that it is unnecessary and would only serve to raise the cost without any benefit.

I've put over 1000 miles on my first tensioner, without any issue.
It would take a very, very poorly aligned rear sprocket to cause the chain to slip off of the roller on the tensioner I sell.

Last edited:

inspectaclueso

Nov 30, 2013
New Zealand

Thanks again Tad for making your chain tensioner available.

I have a friend who has wanted a motorized bike ever since riding mine however it took him a few months to find a frame he liked at a price he was willing to pay.

He asked if I would help him build it which is code for 'you build it and I'll come over occasionally and watch you build it' :) Wife's car has been in the drive for about 4 weeks while I take over the garage.

Anyway, finally got the thing together so here it is. Same as my own build, we have used Tad's sprung chain tensioner as well as an arc tensioner at the rear. Other specialty parts include Manic Mechanic sprocket adapter and front engine mount.

Only other 'mod' was getting the muffler lengthened so it fit the space.

Attachments

Last edited: