what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Found my left peddle loose, so I tightened it (left hand threads).

Then realized it's stripped out... S.O.B

I'm gonna look like a fool riding a bike with one crank arm til I get a new one.
Wrap string around the threads, then retighten. It'll probably hold until you get another one....

Orrrr drill and tap the pedal's end, tighten it on. Then place a washer larger than the arm's hole and tighten a bolt into the threaded end of the pedal.dance1

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

tried once again to get my carb running.

turns out i didn't have the float in upside down (as it can only go in one way) so now i got no clue what's wrong with it. (f-ing CNS carb) just gonna order a NT carb and be happy with it.

DonH

Oct 10, 2010
Ontario, California

took apart my new engine to c what ticks... then put locktite on everything. machined out my sprocket to fit and 3 axis cnc'd a mounting block

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

took an old coil wire i had lying around my garage that i got of a car at a junk yard, took the boot of it and fit it onto the CDI's wire. now it accepts standard sparkplug heads

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc

Got a new sparkplug, Riped the boot off cause I could'nt find a replacement yet, wraped the wire under the little sparkplug 'cap' as a nut, fiddled with the C clip on the needle, decided to try fiddling with the carb hoses and such.

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney

Fixing up the headlight to make it brighter, 'cause I stacked my bike 5 weeks ago in a dark stretch of cycleway, and got a plate put into my wrist. Have had my hand in a cast for 4 weeks now, another 1-2 weeks to go!

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

bike runs now! carb was fine, i put a new plug in and it fired right up! rode it for a good hour or so to deposit my paycheck

Fixing up the headlight to make it brighter, 'cause I stacked my bike 5 weeks ago in a dark stretch of cycleway, and got a plate put into my wrist. Have had my hand in a cast for 4 weeks now, another 1-2 weeks to go!
0_0 ouch!

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

did some small adjustments to it, took the rim brake off the rear wheel and put it on the front. turns out the front one was twisted so it wasn't braking correctly.

also cleaned up the cables a little so it's not so cluttered and crazy.
thinking i might get also get this too

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York

Today I took the mb out of the garage, tightened up some stuff and cleaned it. And then went for a few small rides.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL

Put a Husky (heavy duty) rear wheel on my friend's MB. Also with a Manic Mechanic rear hub. Excellent modification! Got it from Pirate Cycles.

Gonna take the Andian out for a spin, if the burgers ever git finished cooking!

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA

today i put my bike in 21st gear and went WOT down the street while pedaling, hit about 40 mph before i had to stop. neighbor came out to yell at me, and i promptly told him to remove himself from my property. (i have not liked my neighbor since i moved in, hes spread nails out on the trail i ride my dirtbikes on... etc.)

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN

Rode uptown to buy groceries. With the coming of colder weather I bought a set of goggles and wore them for the first time to keep the cold wind out of my eyes. On the bike I usually take the long way around to get to town. Straight line is a mile and a half, but a round-about route is four miles, and another is six miles. Tilted the saddle front down one notch after the ride.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

goggles are a must good on yah but they steam up when i wear my face mask its kind of a hand off cold watery eyes or cold face neck and chest i would rather have cold watery eyes than risk getting sick that is until my eyeballs freeze

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland

Took apart my rear wheel and removed my broken rear axle...Had to wobble home yesterday
Ordered a new one and will have to wait a week or so to get riding again.. KMA
oh well
Tim

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

rode it to the autozone just down the street from me, showed it to my friend that works there, asked if the had a b5hs or b6hs plug in stock (they didn't) then rode home to find out that i melted the jbweld that i had put on the night before and had the carb trying to wiggle off again...

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

was going to get one of these 'carp O-rings' from SBP:
Sick Bike Parts

But instead, I ordered a billet intake and air cleaner from Pirate's(Ported Billet Intake (In Stock)). Still got the allen bolts and grade-8 mount studs from sbp though, also a performance plug wire/boot, and a piece of silicone tubing so I can do up a pocket bike exp-chamber pipe with dual exhaust :)

Should be fun!

wages

Nov 2, 2010
ludhiana

Today i post some awesome sticker on my bike now it looks very funky and it looks in the style