length difference between occ and wcc forks

GoldenMotor.com

35 PROG

Feb 3, 2012
iowa
Hello, I have been working on an occ stingray and would like to change the steering characteristics by putting on wcc forks. Seems to be a popular change for many. What is the differences other than rake/trail? Is there a length differences.

Thanks

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Brings the front end down a bit, MUCH better steering. Never actually measured mine. Looks a lot better to IMO
Top pic shows them with Vbrake mod for front brakes

Plus you can adjust the fork in the triple clamp for more drop if desired.

35 PROG

Feb 3, 2012
iowa
Manic Would it be possible for you to measure? The drop may be due to the smaller front tire. I am hoping that this mod will eliminate wheel flop. Also anyone have a set of these they may part with? Also wondering if it would be possible to use just a steer neck and use stingray forks? Anyone??

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Stock are 28'', Wcc are 29''.
The biggest improvement comes from the WCC tripleclamps which DO NOT have a built in rake like the OCC does.
It's a nice mod in my opinion, even if you re-use the original rim.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Stock are 28'', Wcc are 29''.
The biggest improvement comes from the WCC tripleclamps which DO NOT have a built in rake like the OCC does.
It's a nice mod in my opinion, even if you re-use the original rim.
Can you take some pictures to show the difference? Don't have any of them around here that I know of. Thanks............Curt

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Main difference is in the tripletrees. The OCC chopper has rake built in.
The WCC does not.
In other words, the WCC forks are at the same angle as the head tube.
The OCC has additional angle added by the tripleclamp.
There is also a difference in how the bars mount as you can see from the pics. The WCC uses a more modern threadless headset and bar mount, whereas the OCC uses the older style two clamp setup like a motorcycle.
These pics are showing AFTER the swap. The OCC forks are on the WCC frame and vice versa...

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
In my opinion yes. Better steering (not much) and better looks. WCC Solid aluminum clamps and beefy tubes compared to the OCC stamped steel clamps and skinny tubes.
The fold down highway pegs are kinda cool though...
I hate floppers so even if it were uglier, the steering is more important to me.
It's a nice bonus that it looks better too.

Last edited: