New Gen V balanced motor review

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Swapped the engine today finally...

Bye bye old motor, hello new bullet!

Notice no paint lost under my mounts. Good solid connection unlike most I see. Almost all the bikes I've had the motor out of shows vibration related paint loss and wear to the frame. Keeping this solid is one of my secrets to reliability!

Here she is before the first run...

Wow what a difference! This engine is so much better, even with less than 10 minutes running time, that it blows my mind! Faster, better low end torque, smoother....a LOT smoother. My impression from my first ride is that this is THE BEST ht motor I've owned.
I was shocked by how well it acted during it first ten minutes of life.
Here's an example: I forgot to connect the spark plug the first try, and the motor actually made a strong enough spark to jump OUT of the cap and crackle on the head.
NEVER had a ht with a spark that strong. I actually heard it popping!
Anyone looking for a better quality engine without breaking the budget should definitely consider one from MotorBicycleRacing!
Anyone who follows my posts knows how cheap and hard to please I am, and this is one of the best purchases I have made since I started building.
This is my new favorite build simply on the strength of the quality and price.
Count me as SATISFIED!

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I really like the new clutch arm that does away with the clamping collar on the cable. Much better and cleaner setup on my engine.

I'll be breaking this motor in with my current pipe, but plan on building a low version with a much better chamber once the motor is settled. The current version is not good enough for this beauty and will cut performance.

The high BMX bars made it a LOT more comfortable to ride, despite looking...kinda weird.

I'll be doing away with the long outlet pipe for better flow and using a bigger silencer as well.
This pipe makes much better power. I've used this pipe before and always liked the power spread on a ht. I plan on routing it under the cranks for less flow restriction and a shorter head pipe. (just holding it up to illustrate the differences)

I am one happy Maniac! This motor is lightyears above the usual fleabay engine, and for the price I will not own anything else from now on. I'll still buy my sale build kits from my usual vendor, but my OWN bike deserves the quality evident in this "Gen V"!

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I really like the new clutch arm that does away with the clamping collar on the cable. Much better and cleaner setup on my engine.

I'll be breaking this motor in with my current pipe, but plan on building a low version with a much better chamber once the motor is settled. The current version is not good enough for this beauty and will cut performance.

The high BMX bars made it a LOT more comfortable to ride, despite looking...kinda weird.

I'll be doing away with the long outlet pipe for better flow and using a bigger silencer as well.
This pipe makes much better power. I've used this pipe before and always liked the power spread on a ht. I plan on routing it under the cranks for less flow restriction and a shorter head pipe. (just holding it up to illustrate the differences)

I am one happy Maniac! This motor is lightyears above the usual fleabay engine, and for the price I will not own anything else from now on. I'll still buy my sale build kits from my usual vendor, but my OWN bike deserves the quality evident in this "Gen V"!
Yeppers, the more people there are that switch to these better balanced the more great comments we will see about them, I have been screaming from the roof top ever since I got my first one together know some might be skeptical, but all is takes is one build with one of them and you'll be hooked, as I have said many time already, the smoothest and overall best running HT/china girl I have owned, I have never been able to get 45 MPH out of any of the ebay engines I have owned, and with the new Gen-eration engine, only some good port work and a free flowing exhaust along with a well tuned carb and I was at 40+mph comfortably........! 40+mph not the typical serious vibes that the other engines would put out.

Gald you're so happy maniac, wasn't a doubt in my mind you would be....LOL!

Map

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
not me, if there's one thing I always hated about the old-style kits of years ago, it was those too short, too hard to use, clutch arms that make it almost impossible to remove a clutch cable and get it back in

give me one with a slot in it for easy cable removal (and preferably at least 1/3 longer for comfort) every time

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I really like the new clutch arm that does away with the clamping collar on the cable.

Of course the full motor kit comes with the clutch cable clamp.

Anyone buying only a motor like maniac just has to ask to get one included.

Good to see that you are a happy customer but the problem with my quality motor is that you won't need another one for a long time! :D

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Got some more time today on the new bullet. *raves for fifteen minutes*
Seriously, anyone looking for the best deal in ht engines needs one of these.
I'll be swapping my welded tube intake on to replace the restrictive aluminum stocker when I fab the new pipe in a few tanks. It is considerably larger and should flow better which I think this engine can actually take advantage of.
Assuming the flats will let me BURN a few tanks....

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
More miles on The Pig today since the weather is so nice right now...20's coming tomorrow.

I think the thing I like the most so far is how QUIET this engine runs! It is SO much quieter than the usual ht. Very little gear noise and ringing fins allows it to sound more like an actual engine and much less annoying. I can actually hear the exhaust note now while cruising. It's very nice!
It has always been my experience that a noisy engine is less dependable than a quiet engine and more prone to reliability issues. This gem sounds like a long term winner already.
It looks like a ht motor, but
It does not run like a typical ht motor.
Highly recommended by Maniac57 for anyone looking for a nicer quality engine without spending too much.
Trust me, I don't hand out good reviews unless the product impresses me. This Gen V engine continues to impress me.
Two thumbs up! :)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Trust me, I don't hand out good reviews unless the product impresses me. This Gen V engine continues to impress me.
Two thumbs up! :)
Thank you Mr Maniac. :D

I am selling these motors for:
$119.99 plus $19 for Priority large box.

Priority mail only provides $50 insurance. Full insurance is available at actual additional cost.

I have almost all the motor parts and all the kit parts for sale too at great prices.

If I can fit the parts in the box with the motor you will pay no additional shipping charges!!!!!! Such a deal!!! WOW!!! or something like that :)

Sorry only taking USPS money orders right now but I will include a free $2.99 exhaust gasket with every motor.

If you want your motor with the top end unassembled I will include:
1 extra head gasket:
1 extra exhaust gasket:
1 extra base gasket:

Please only send me an email to:
[email protected] to order.
thanks

There is a 30 day warranty on the motor with the usual exclusions of running it without oil or modifying the motor will not be covered.
The motor must be returned at your expense to be inspected before a replacement or repaired motor will be sent back to you at my expense.

Last edited:

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
It will not be long before mine arrives in the mail.
It's gonna be a while before I can install it, because it has to sit under the Christmas tree until the 25th.
I'll have a hard time waiting. And it's only 10 degrees here today, so not much riding anyway.

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Thank you Mr Maniac. :D

I am selling these motors for:
$119.99 plus $19 for Priority large box.

Priority mail only provides $50 insurance. Full insurance is available at actual additional cost.

I have almost all the motor parts and all the kit parts for sale too at great prices.

If I can fit the parts in the box with the motor you will pay no additional shipping charges!!!!!! Such a deal!!! WOW!!! or something like that :)

Sorry only taking USPS money orders right now but I will include a free $2.99 exhaust gasket with every motor.

If you want your motor with the top end unassembled I will include:
1 extra head gasket:
1 extra exhaust gasket:
1 extra base gasket:

Please only send me an email to:
[email protected] to order.
thanks

There is a 30 day warranty on the motor with the usual exclusions of running it without oil or modifying the motor will not be covered.
The motor must be returned at your expense to be inspected before a replacement or repaired motor will be sent back to you at my expense.
Do you ship to Canada?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I now see that I only have enough motors to last for my local sales
until I get new stock in early January.

Sorry, but I won't be shipping to Canada or even the US until next year.
Well Neil, in one way thats bad news for the ones that had plan to order an engine this month, but at the same time its great news that you have done so well sellng the engines, best wishes and congrats on suc. A good job of bringing another great engine option to this great forum community.

Map
.wee.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'm very glad I jumped when I did! Cash is HARD to come by these days and I thought about the Dax for a long time. When MotorBicycleRacing started selling these gems for less money, I HAD to get one. I simply had no choice.
Best engine I have ridden yet BY FAR!
To all of you thinking about buying one, DO ITTTTT!!!!!
Well worth the wait.
(When they become available again)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I'm very glad I jumped when I did! Cash is HARD to come by these days and I thought about the Dax for a long time. When MotorBicycleRacing started selling these gems for less money, I HAD to get one. I simply had no choice.
Best engine I have ridden yet BY FAR!
To all of you thinking about buying one, DO ITTTTT!!!!!
Well worth the wait.
(When they become available again)
I have three of these engines, I didnt buy them from Neil, bought mine before I knew he even had them, and I am happy with my purchase from thatsdax, but none the less they are excellent platforms to build a really nice much smoother running china girl....... I can honestly say that no matter where you get one of these engines you will be very happy compared to the normal china girls engines out there.

Map
.wee.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Did you get your replacement sprocket cover in the mail?
Thanks.
Came in today! Thanks for including the nice exhaust gasket too! It will come in handy when I fab the new low pipe after break-in is done.
The only problem I see is that the gasket is actually much bigger than my pipe so I'll have to make a new flange instead of using a cut off stocker.
It would be too obviously lazy to use it on a pipe half the size. :)
I'm using the large diameter header pipe this time to really get the best out of the new pipe.
It's been my experience these engines respond well to slightly more header volume even with the exhaust unported, so I hope the relatively nice port work on this engine will help raise the bar for low end torque and a sweet powerband.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Couldn't wait for break-in to get done. Had to build a low pipe for The Pig today. Turned out okay although the stock muffler is too restrictive. The low-end jumped quite a bit over the longer high pipe and made the motor even more enjoyable to ride!
It just keeps getting better with every mile! Good power right where my gearing needs it makes for a sweet smooth ride.
I'm still blown away by how much quieter this engine is over any other ht I've ever seen. You really hear the intake and exhaust instead of the primary gears and the head ringing!