The CadiHonda

GoldenMotor.com

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
After waiting for some parts for almost 2 weeks, finally i put it together just now!
Honda gx35 friction kit

Cell phone charger and holder,

Reversed the kickstand to offset the weight of the motor

5volt dynamo for the usb cell charger

poor man's Escalade

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Nice ride Mexican! Love the seat. U have that done? It looks like a full suspension bike but I dont see a rear shock. Whats going on there?

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
Nice ride Mexican! Love the seat. U have that done? It looks like a full suspension bike but I dont see a rear shock. Whats going on there?
No, the seat came with the design made already, also there is an "airbag" looking shock absorber at the bottom, hope you can see it, i get a lot of comments on this bike, no body has seen one before, they think i special ordered it, the truth is that i was lucky enough to find it at a pawn shop;

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's actually a pretty clean looking bike. Why's the kickstand on the wrong side?

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
That's actually a pretty clean looking bike. Why's the kickstand on the wrong side?
Ha ha ha!!
It is an experiment that i did, the weight of the motor is a little too much for the kickstand and it was trying to tip over, by relocating it to the other side, which it worked perfectly, it took the extra stress off of it, its kinda weird at first but it works perfectly, the stand does not interfiere with the chain or the pedals. Good eye BTW/.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Ha ha ha!!
It is an experiment that i did, the weight of the motor is a little too much for the kickstand and it was trying to tip over, by relocating it to the other side, which it worked perfectly, it took the extra stress off of it, its kinda weird at first but it works perfectly, the stand does not interfiere with the chain or the pedals. Good eye BTW/.
I was guessing that was the reason. You might consider one of the center stand style stands.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cool Build Mexican.

Great and eloquent solution, putting the kick stand on the right side. I am building a "saddle mount" build and gonna try that. Thanks, great idea.

The center kickstands really are great. An added bonus is that you can work on the bike, engine and either wheel with out a stand. Rear has to be lifted but still a lot easier then a normal bicycle kick stand where the whole bike needs to be lifted. (removing the rear is a pain though)

One thing though, I had a cheap one that due to weight, it's legs spread. Took me a while to figure out why my bike was sinking and wanting to fall over, snork.

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
Cool Build Mexican.

Great and eloquent solution, putting the kick stand on the right side. I am building a "saddle mount" build and gonna try that. Thanks, great idea.

The center kickstands really are great. An added bonus is that you can work on the bike, engine and either wheel with out a stand. Rear has to be lifted but still a lot easier then a normal bicycle kick stand where the whole bike needs to be lifted. (removing the rear is a pain though)

One thing though, I had a cheap one that due to weight, it's legs spread. Took me a while to figure out why my bike was sinking and wanting to fall over, snork.
Thanks Dan!
I think i need one of those stands, great advise guys, thanks!