one more thing

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I want to try and i might do it first. I want to see if I can build an electro bike with no pedals. I have the lightweight schwinn and a nice 16" front wheel I can put on the back. Toss in the electric motor and see if it will start with a kick rather than a pedal. That should be an interesting concept to experiment with.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Tried the no pedal electro and it doesn't work. Really need that chain drive to get it moving so the motor will make a difference. so off comes the wheel with no sprocket. I have all these front wheels laying about anybody know how to get a sprocket to fit on them. You know turn the front wheel into a one speed rear wheel by adding a sprocket.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Do you mean mount a sprocket on the front? Use a sprocket mounting kit that mounts a sprocket for on the back on the front. I guess. To stop the chain from spinning the motor when the motor is not on, there is a sprague type sprocket thing to let a motor free wheel I can 't tell you where to get one but a pocket bike I had for awhile had the one. With the engine off the drive sprocket would free wheel like a bicycles.
Norman