New Bike Build in Connecticut

GoldenMotor.com

Retro-Active

Jul 21, 2009
Connecticut
Hi All,
I’m new to this motor bike building thing(and to this site), but I’m having fun in our first attempt at putting together a somewhat retro build with my son.
As my new user name implies - I like bike builds that have that old-time retro feel (early 1900’s). When we get more experienced we will incase our gas tank in a fake antique tank to complete the illusion.
My question is, other than the back roads in Connecticut, what other regional area’s (trails, parks, bike paths, and camp grounds) allow (welcome) these somewhat noisy contraptions?
Thanks,
Retro-Active

ndavis

Jun 4, 2009
Ct
Hello, I am from Ct. and just found out there are new laws as of Oct 08, no more 50cc limit, only any engine 5 hp or less, no limits on speed or petals, you need a car drivers lic only. Where are you from? I just built 2 65cc bikes. N. Davis

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Retro,
One of our members, Dan, is from Conn. He might chime in here to answer your questions about riding in your fine state. I know that Dan rides a lot and enjoys the trails and roads near him. Have fun, ride careful and post some photos of your build. It's always good to see a father/son project.
Tom

Retro-Active

Jul 21, 2009
Connecticut
Hello, I am from Ct. and just found out there are new laws as of Oct 08, no more 50cc limit, only any engine 5 hp or less, no limits on speed or petals, you need a car drivers lic only. Where are you from? I just built 2 65cc bikes. N. Davis
I'm from Danbury (Hat City); We have a few good roads with wide shouldered for me to ride to work out the kinks with the bike, where in CT are there good areas to ride for fun? Thats cool that a max of 5 hp is the new law; do you know what the hp is from the 49cc motor?