tilted carb?

GoldenMotor.com

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
now that I'v started the installation of my engine kit in the old TC-100 frame ( small dirt bike, has 2.50-15 tires but I do kinda fit on it lol ).. I'v made the nessasary bracketry and all to fit it up, but upon test fit, the carb will be at a slightly tilted angle. will it run ok like that?.. I could probably heat up the intake with a torch and bend it down enough to leval it back out but consider that a last resort...

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
now that I'v started the installation of my engine kit in the old TC-100 frame ( small dirt bike, has 2.50-15 tires but I do kinda fit on it lol ).. I'v made the nessasary bracketry and all to fit it up, but upon test fit, the carb will be at a slightly tilted angle. will it run ok like that?.. I could probably heat up the intake with a torch and bend it down enough to leval it back out but consider that a last resort...
Can you post a picture?

Jim

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I forgot to take pics of everything.. I just got in to making everything and forgot to take pics.. if I run it tilted, the only thing that will need mod'd is the exhaust pipe.. I have to shorten it and lengthen the space from the engine flange to the curve..

I'll have pics tomorrow.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I just put mine at a angle! I had made a shorter intake so I could run a better air cleaner. the frame was just too cramped. so after a 130 mile test run, still no problem!

ryan2249

Apr 10, 2009
Visalia, CA
Mine is also tilted a bit, 500 miles on it soo far and no problems yet, it actually meets up with the cable and lets the throttle come back better that way, good luck :)

Last edited:

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
cool.. I'll post the build pics tomorrow.. I didn't get very far today, just got the rear mount made ( ties the engine to the stock bike engine mounts using the large frame adapter and spacer ) and drilled the holes for the front mount, which will be atached to the bellypan/ skid plate... also mounted the tank.. don't have the pics yet, but I'll take pics b4 I do anything more

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Instructions that came with Grubee state "It is best to have the drive chain to rear wheel sprocket be as horizontal as possible with no more than 15 degrees max engine tilt".
Think about what happens to the fuel bowl/float with an extreme engine tilt.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
yea, that's what initially had me worried it wouldn't run.. but if a couple are successfully doing it, I'm willing to try it at least.. if it don't run good, I'll fabricate a new intake that will flatten it out.