Finally made an account

GoldenMotor.com

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
Greetings from Sacramento, CA!

Been a lurking here for about half a year and have been riding the 66cc kits for a while meow. Somehow haven't trashed my bike despite the blood, sweat, and tears I've put into it.

Also, believe it or not that rear gas tank is solid. I went though three normal tanks that would all leak after a couple hundred miles. So I invested in a rear-rack gas tank. It was also cheap ****, see for yourself:

Thankfully I was going less than twenty mph so the rack folding on the tire didn't kill me.

Hello Patchy Greetings From Redding Ca. !
What type of Carb is that? I see a lot of work in that ride. From the Racing CDI unit, to the High pressure head and Port and polished Jug to that interesting handi work on the expansion muffler, lol . Was looking for something similar, But would probably have to do the same to get it to fit. And I don't have the place or tools lol. Nice Ride ! Welcome.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, sometimes the angle of the top bar can cause tank problems, if you ever want to go back to the standard tank you can search for threads about tanks or any other subject using the Google custom search box near the top of the page. That search will find threads on the forum containing the word or words you typed in.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That rear tank was designed to mount under the rack not on top.
I know, not enough fuel flow and overall they just suck but there are all kinds of other tank options.

You can mount a stock tank on a back rack...

Or you can get a 'beer keg' tank made from Coyote Tanks that will bolt to your seat for just over $100.

Plenty of options for your otherwise really nice build.

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
Thanks, AssembleThis
I'll have to check that out it looks a lot safer and simply nicer than my bungee cords, thanks man.

Nghtrider62,
I am using the Dellorto SHA clone with a basic air filter. The muffler is banged to **** and is horribly chopped because it would barely fit on my last bike frame. I'm looking to get another but I need to get a new tapped intake manifold first!

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
Thanks for advice Greg58, I'll look into it but I'm honestly scared of the normal tanks with my top bar. It curves gently and it thins out as it connects under the seat, I would either have to make a better mounting system or discover one. I used up half a can of gas tank sealant on a handful of tanks that would often crack near the bolts! (I made sure I wasn't over tightening it) I might just be done with them.

KCvale, can't forget about you!

I never thought of mounting the normal tank on a rack like that, and I really like the seat mounted tanks but $100 is too much money to dish out meow, and do they hold a gallon? Or is it less?

Thanks for all the replies! May the ride be with you all..

Patchy

Aug 12, 2014
California
Just fill it with gas, tie it to the back of your bike and drag it down the street! How long will it take to catch?

Welcome and wish you better luck on tank #5!
That's a brilliant idea, when the street puts a hole in the tank that's being drug around and then the sparks that will be created by said dragging meet the gasoline dripping out you'll have a nice line of fire behind ya!

Pretty sure we just came up with the coolest way to do donuts. Wasn't someone on here a while back trying to get flame to shoot out of their exhaust? We can make this happen!

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi Patchy!

Your very welcome. If I can be of any further help let me know. Oh and you don't need to hang the tank as I did or move the down spout. The method can be used to a stock tank sitting on top of the rack. The reason I made those mods is because I'm adding saddle bags and a control box to the bike with full 12 volt lights and electronics. But for less than $3 cost it worked out very well. Ive ridden the bike a lot refilled the tank three times and still not a single drop leaked. Oh I did however change all the rack hardware to stainless steel hex socket bolts and nylon lock nuts. 5mm with washers, the stock hardware was really poor.

Have fun, be safe!

.xx.

Dave
AssembleThis