what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Went and got another charger for the lighting system today .
Hey Map, the "HUM-DINGER" looking good old boy .
In your scenic photo, I'm pretty sure I can see dodge dude way off in the background sucking cactus juice!
LMAO
Thanks....... yeah the Hum-Dinger is humming a better tune with the Puch Head.... Dang-it I was wondering who that was out there in the distance.

That one rain cloud reminded me of my experiences in life many times..... I come up with what I think is a good plan and no one else wants to be a part..... I start raining and raising heck and everyone else just stands back looking instead of joining in....... sometimes I've been that lone cloud raining like carzy and no one will play.....LOL!

Map
reddd

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Today I started porting the cylinder body for higher RPM as well as deburring and cleaning the sharp edges off the ports before i snap off a ring!

Later I'll be reinstalling my cleaned piston with a new wrist pin bearing and rings. Hopefully I'll be finished porting tonight and can get the motor reassembled and sealed up.

Planning to use the thin copper gaskets I have and give them a solid coat of copper gasket spray hopefully keep them sealed for the duration.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Today I started porting the cylinder body for higher RPM as well as deburring and cleaning the sharp edges off the ports before i snap off a ring!

Later I'll be reinstalling my cleaned piston with a new wrist pin bearing and rings. Hopefully I'll be finished porting tonight and can get the motor reassembled and sealed up.

Planning to use the thin copper gaskets I have and give them a solid coat of copper gasket spray hopefully keep them sealed for the duration.
Best wishes on the rebuild....

Map
reddd

Pluto

Sep 3, 2013
Chicago
Yesterday I received the center stand for "heavy Bikes" from Amazon. Installed it on my Genesis Astra and it is great. Solid aluminum and it will keep the rear wheel in the air for running on stand. Love it.

Now waiting on Mr. Postman for the box of goodies from SBP. Gonna tackle the expansion chamber and some chrome stuff. I love this Hobby.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thank you! hopefully this new rendition will yield me some impressive go pro videos! ha
I hope so to, I love to watch peoples riding videos........ some think they are all about the same and boring but not me, I like them and have made a couple myself, its almost like I'm there when I watch the vids.....LOL!

Map
reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yesterday I received the center stand for "heavy Bikes" from Amazon. Installed it on my Genesis Astra and it is great. Solid aluminum and it will keep the rear wheel in the air for running on stand. Love it.

Now waiting on Mr. Postman for the box of goodies from SBP. Gonna tackle the expansion chamber and some chrome stuff. I love this Hobby.
Oh.....Yeah...... its a very addicting Hobby and lots of fun..... as much as I enjoy my motorcycles and enjoy tinkering with my motor bikes even more.... keeps me busy with something rewarding when I'm not at my job and keeps me here at the forum with all the great people here that have the same love for the motor bikes.

Map
reddd

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
I hope so to, I love to watch peoples riding videos........ some think they are all about the same and boring but not me, I like them and have made a couple myself, its almost like I'm there when I watch the vids.....LOL!

Map
reddd
Yeah we have several hours of footage from our last couple midnight expeditions.

hopefully can add a full run to the philly art museum and back in the next week or two!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
can't stand watching some vids where camera angle is so low that one sees only a couple feet in front of wheel - just too disturbing to not see the road ahead

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
can't stand watching some vids where camera angle is so low that one sees only a couple feet in front of wheel - just too disturbing to not see the road ahead
Yeah I agree with you on that one for sure, I like it when its an all the way up the road camera shot and maybe even a little side to side so I can see some of the other surroundings, another thing that bothers me is when some one puts a loud bunch of music in the vid and you can hardly if any at all hear the engine, a little music in the background is OK if its the right type but Id rather here the engine screaming and the rider talking a bit about the bike or the surroundings of where the ride is being done at, that makes it fun and interesting to me.

Map
reddd

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Thats exactly why im using my footage. in my buddies videos its pointed so low the handle bars are nearly centered horizontally in the shot. :banghead:

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Just ordered a Dax balanced lower and the upper kit with a high comp head today. Hopefully I can get it all together before the first snowflakes start falling! I guess I'm officially an addict because my first bike has less than 90 miles on it lol. Thanks guys.......
Dan.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I can surely say that Sick Bike Parts delivers what they say.....only took 3 days to get my complete order. Installed the new expansion chamber this evening. Seems like a touch more power than my homemade Frankenstein exhaust ---- it's certainly quieter!!

I've still got to get another brake caliper for the rear so I can utilize the dual pull handle that I also got. I'll save that for a different day! I also need to grind off the hanger bracket that ended up on the wrong side for my install....again, another day.

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I can surely say that Sick Bike Parts delivers what they say.....only took 3 days to get my complete order. Installed the new expansion chamber this evening. Seems like a touch more power than my homemade Frankenstein exhaust ---- it's certainly quieter!!

I've still got to get another brake caliper for the rear so I can utilize the dual pull handle that I also got. I'll save that for a different day! I also need to grind off the hanger bracket that ended up on the wrong side for my install....again, another day.
Pipe looks good, I know mine pulls the hills much better with the expansion pipe, if that silicone tubing ever burns out, you can set the pipe up with out any silicone hose like I did mine just using copper tubing fittings, nothing to ever burn out.

I had to cut that tab off mine also, rubbed on nside of my leg when I pedaled the bike.

Map
reddd

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Broke the trailer again today , so I could to the go to the laundromat . Then I order the
turn signal/light/horn switch. In the morning I'll start my search for a ROADRUNNER"
Sounding horn. BEEP-BEEP my A$$.
LAUGH-MY- BEEP-BEEP-A$$-OFF

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Broke the trailer again today , so I could to the go to the laundromat . Then I order the
turn signal/light/horn switch. In the morning I'll start my search for a ROADRUNNER"
Sounding horn. BEEP-BEEP my A$$.
LAUGH-MY- BEEP-BEEP-A$$-OFF
Seen some old shwinn battery power bicycle horns on ebay a couple days ago that say they make the beep beep tone....
Im at work and on my galaxy III phone. Makess things a bit more trouble but ill try to get you a link here shortly.

Map

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I figured out how to improve the Jag Clone, I'm work on it to incorporates two coils.
Next will be the twin spark plugs head from Fred . Advance the timing curve to Rev even Higher . By extending the time curve, it will also extend the powerband pull .
Just imagine a the Ultimate Tunable High Performance CDI With a HD Twin Fire Coil.
35,000 volts traveling threw (Blue of course) MSD Racing Wires, to the NGK Racing Plugs

that

Snuggled into RCMachine's 5.3cc Twin Sparkplug Head. brnot

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
I figured out how to improve the Jag Clone, I'm work on it to incorporates two coils.
Next will be the twin spark plugs head from Fred . Advance the timing curve to Rev even Higher . By extending the time curve, it will also extend the powerband pull .
Just imagine a the Ultimate Tunable High Performance CDI With a HD Twin Fire Coil.
35,000 volts traveling threw (Blue of course) MSD Racing Wires, to the NGK Racing Plugs

that

Whoa dang
dnut

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

that

That will be cool, cant wait to see how it all turns out.....

Map