The good times are over.

GoldenMotor.com

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
As of 8pm G.M.T. I am now bikeless. Due to the crank shaft bearing problem. my dearly beloved bike has been under a cover and locked by my front door for 4 days now. i returned home from work at 7pm and after a bite to eat and a hot whiskey (to keep away the cold and flu) . at 8pm my fiancee and i exited our front door and all what was left was the cover and the bungee i used to hold it in place. i am another police crime statistic. after giving a statement to my local constabulary they said they would keep an eye out for it. i've lost faith in humanity. i only work part time & it took me a couple of months saving to get the engine. why can't hard working people save and get the things they want? only to have a bunch of scum steal it from you? i'm gonna get an electric kit so i can keep my new bike in the house.

Never, can you keep a good biker down!
amen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Damned Gypsies!

You have my condolences; but please don't loose faith. I would certainly like to see someone like that flayed alive though. Have another few hot toddies and start anew.

Curious: what are the laws comcerning motorized bikes in NI? Are they similar to the Republic? Got family there and would like the option of motorized bicycle riding over there unimpeded.

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
the laws are pretty complicated, depending on the speed your bike does means that you have to fit uprated brakes, and the speed rating of the tyres ,lights, insurance, road tax, the list is long. but i never bothered with any of that stuff, (i did have lights though, kind foolish not to)and the local police passed me a number of times, as i did them. and nothing was said. (over here at the minute, our cops have other things to worry about, i'm sure the current events here have reached across the pond to our American brothers and sisters. other than little ole me on a motorised bicycle). if you come over, bring your bike and enjoy our beautiful wee island. i'll put the kettle on and get out a bottle of my finest 12 year old blackbush whiskey and have some craic. thank you for your sympathies.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i hate to hear this saul. we had someone climb over the fence in the condo complex we live in and stole my bike of the deck a few years back. the bike i had built from scratch years back when i raced mountain bike and i put a friction drive motor on it and loved it. i know exactly how you feel

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm still hurtin over my one day old, 3 speed Sting Ray that got stolen when I walked into a drug store for 3 minutes. That was about 50 years ago.

Maybe a miracle will happen and the police will find it for you, but don't hold your breath. I'm still waiting for them to call me.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I'm afraid to leave mine anywhere for longer than 10 mins even when it is locked up. Put up a picture of it, maybe someone in your area will see it. Damn, that sucks!!

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
thanks for your support everyone. i feel terrible know that my bike was stolen from me, what makes it even worse is the fact that while it was parked and locked no more than 1foot (or 30cms for the main land Europeans reading this) from my front door i was in the living room/lounge no more than 7Ft (2metres) away from the front door at any time in the 1 hour that i was home. that's how close this scum of the earth came to me while they done their dirty, filthy deed. I never heard a dam thing. and i feel so angry towards myself for letting this happen. any time i was out on it i locked her up if i was leaving her for only a second. and then the f**kers steal my baby when it is at its most vunerable, and when its supposed to be safe. these people need to be hung, drawn and quartered. good people who work hard, and pay their way in life can have nothing, only for b*****ds to steal or destroy it. i only got my kit last halloween, just over 2 months i've had it. but i must think that it is another beginning, a new opportunity, i will use what i have learn't and move on.

chin up old boy, and keep a stiff upper lip
cheers everyone

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
There are no words that can describe my contempt for a thief. There is no punishment bad enough for a thief. I truly hope that the thing that stole your bike has an accident while riding it and is seriously injured for life. And no this isn't harsh.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I feel your pain. I've lost 6 bikes here in Memphis in about 6 years. Thank goodness only one had a motor. I filled out police reports on all of them and have never heard another word about it. Police don't care. Post up pics with a reward is the best chance to get it back. There can't be too many around you...hopefully appealing to people's greed will help. Give them a drink or something for a good tip.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I had my rat Viagro 535 nicked and torched. It's physically sickening to see the burned corpse sitting in a a scrapyard. I'm in favour of un anaesthetised surgical removal of a finger at a time for thieves. OK, persistent ones won't be able to work for a living, but that would be no change for them anyway.

Bikes inside houses are about fire risk - what about a quick detachable petrol tank? You could keep that outside in a locker, bike inside nice and safe?

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
That's not a bad idea. detachable tank! the theft just means i can get started to my next project a bit sooner. Unfortunately money is in short supply at the moment so it will be a while before I get started. i was thinking about building a chopper with the mini moto engine, and getting motorbike parts off a mate of mine for to get her registered. Or going down a completely different route and build a recumbent reverse trike. I don't know weather it will be petrol or electric i don't know yet. for to have a bike stolen every year for 6 years. that's down right catastrophic. i really feel for you. i've had 1 bike stolen and its cutting me up, but 6!!!! I only wish now i had a forge and branding irons for the scum that roam the streets eyeing up targets, biding their time, watching, following you. then bang! everything you've worked hard for is gone.
thanks everyone

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
LudwigII, i understand completely. i've had my motorised bicycle stolen last friday. but 5 yrs ago my Gilera 125 was stolen and was found by my local bobbies 3-4 hours after i reported it, still smouldering up a disused road only a matter of miles from where i lived at that time. i'm sure you will know that feelin! like some-one is twisting your stomach like they are wringing out a dish cloth or tea towel when you see it for the first time after.
my sympathies to you

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
those are two bloody good security items. i only wish i had them before Friday. I also asked my land lord if i could put in one of those eyelet ring things that gets bolted into the ground so i could use a heavier chain next time. plus i'm gonna get the alarm lock and disc brake lock, just to be on the safe side. would any one know where i could get free plans for a recumbent trike. would be much appreciated. Predator303 that low rider frame of yours is fantastic. i would love that bike. where oh where can i get one of those?