Hello i am new

GoldenMotor.com

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
Sup everyone im Justin new to the forums, just bought a motorized bicycle off craigslist for work and im wondering if there is a link to teach how to maintain one of these things. any help would help thanks :).wee.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup!
Plenty of maintenance info here, J.

First off might be a good thing to check through everything and see that nuts and bolts are at least snug. That will give you an up close and personal handle on things after you do it a few times.

Good luck!
rc

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
thank you guys!

btw i have my first problem already lol :)

so i was riding it earlier today and then went to sleep. when i woke up to test my bike, it was leaking gas from the carb or whatever, and i honestly dont know **** about these things but am willing to start learning.

so i took it out even though it was leaking (drips but about 2 drips per second or faster) and i held the clutch in and it would make the start noise but it wouldnt go on.
anyone know about that?

i had a full tank of gas in it also

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Best thing I can tell you: learn to use the forum's search function up there. The more you use it, the easier it gets. I have personally found that, any time I had a question about anything to do with these MBs, usually somebody had already asked it before and it was discussed, solved, brought up again a different way, and solved again.
I've hardly ever had to do much of my own asking. This forum has helped me learn from other people's mistakes BEFORE making my own. That's what's great about this site: we're all here for each other.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Your float stuck and you flooded the engine.

Make sure to turn off the gas when you take a nap. :)

To fix it, turn off the gas, and pedal it around with the clutch out, and it should start. Don't use the choke, and hold the throttle wide open to expedite the process.

Juhstun

May 17, 2012
Arizona
Your float stuck and you flooded the engine.

Make sure to turn off the gas when you take a nap. :)

To fix it, turn off the gas, and pedal it around with the clutch out, and it should start. Don't use the choke, and hold the throttle wide open to expedite the process.
i feel stupid, but what do you mean with the clutch out?

cause i can only free ride when i hold onto the clutch