Monark II forks with disc

GoldenMotor.com

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
I have a Firmstrong Bruiser that desperately needed some front suspension, and I happened to be going down ocean park blvd. and BAM! there was the shop. I popped in to buy a pair and wound up having a great talk with the owner, David, and he said to wait. Newer HD version coming. so each week I would stop in with my cash, and he would say, " almost man, we are making more improvements. soon. next week". so after about a month I finally got a pair. they are awesome. Heavy. but awesome. very stiff, and I'm thinking about using them on my current track bike build. as for now, I will post some shots of the Bruiser they went on. all the kinks are pretty much ironed out, but I feel kinda honored, knowing that this, gentlemen, is the first operating pair and you need to get yourself a pair as well!.wee.

Attachments

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
Hey just wondering how do you like that bike. I was wondering if it was a step up from the huffys or if it was the same crap with a larger price tag? Those are some good looking forks :D

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Hey just wondering how do you like that bike. I was wondering if it was a step up from the huffys or if it was the same crap with a larger price tag? Those are some good looking forks :D
Honestly I've never ridden a huffy but I do know it's a step up. They average about $200 and are very big, which I need. The aluminum frame does vibrate a lot more than my steel Electra.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
I was wondering about the fork, thanks! I was not sure if they were the ones available from the vendor.

I know people had mentioned having issues with the Monarks previously, hopefully the IIs are better since I really do like the way they look.

Thanks for the update.

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
I never had a pair of 1's but the 2's are cool. They are definitely wiggly woggly, (if that's a technical term) when you apply the brakes. of course not everyone will install brakes but I would certainly recommend. and there are 2 different thicknesses of the dropout plates. they need brass bushings to act as races for the pivot bolts. pretty complex little setup going on. and seems to be a "per-bike" build for them. David at E.Z. will need your axle width specs, as well as brake options. in the end, its definitely better than a solid fork, as my gas tank no longer tries to fly off or throw its cap after hitting any sized bump at 30 mph. I am going to guess that the 1's were fairly spongy in comparison by the comments from fast-bike owners, and the springs are a lot larger now. before they break in, as I said earlier in a post, I didnt notice a difference from the stock straight fork. but now after a few miles I feel them working, and they are nice. today I did high speed corners through intersections with dips and so I was hitting the dip at 25mph in a turn and they were plush and didnt hop or slap. depending on your hub setup, you will probably need an axle washer on the side with the rotor, or the plate bolt-heads hit the rotor bolts. When you apply brake it gets interesting for sure. they unload and its a strange feeling, But they do corner well at high speed. And take the bumps well. just be prepared to do a lot of washer/spacer configuration experimentation. you'll love them

Last edited: