GoldenMotor.com

bbeza24

Nov 26, 2011
california
Hey my name is ben and im looking for pointers from anyone i need help with a decision...im strongly considering picking up this motor bicycle as a hobbie i have interest in this and think it will be fun but have very little expierence in mechanics but i want to learn and think this will be a start im not sure what to get a 2 stroke or 4 stroke... im going to buy a beach cruiser to use but im leaning towards a 2 stroke cuz it looks easier and might be better to start with im just confuse with the fuel on the 2 stroke please help me with this decision thanx

D Man

Nov 7, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Hello Ben, Welcome to the forum mate!
You can find the answer to anything you need to know about motorised bikes by reading through this forum and asking questions. There is a lot of brilliant information available here and many very experienced and helpful members.
I am new to this but in my opinion, the 2 stroke engines are cheap and alot of fun to learn on. They are also quite easy to install. The fuel is easy to work out, just remember, 2 stroke engines need 2 stroke oil added to the fuel (gas) to lubricate them as they run and 4 stroke engines run on normal fuel (gas).

D Man auflg

bbeza24

Nov 26, 2011
california
oh ok thanks but im not really sure what site is legit i was thinking bikeberry.com is that site legit and how long will it take too install

Kahlas

Nov 27, 2011
Illinois
I'm new also and just got 4-Stroke Pull Start 48cc Bicycle Engine Kit EPA Certified BikeBerry.com about 2 months ago. I wanted a 4 stroke since I plan on using it as my main ride(recently developed epilepsy and don't wanna kill someone else) and thought it would be nice to be able to fill up at the gas station. The kit didn't come with instructions but after emailing them they sent me a PDF for one just like it.
It runs very well and will push my 26" mountain bike at about 30 MPH all day long(I weigh 250 Lbs) and slows down to about 20 going up steep hills. Gets about 120 mpg with lots of stopping at 4 way stops in town. It has a centripetal clutch so you don't have to kill the motor when you stop/hold down a clutch. Runs kinda like an automatic transmission that's always in drive. Only problem I've had with it is when the tank is full it sometimes will put a vacuum on the fuel tank and bog down/kill the motor. Popping off the fuel cap fixes it right away. I planned on pop riveting a chain to the fuel cap anyway to prevent losing it or dropping it in dirt so that should fix the problem.
All in all I'd rate it 9.5 out of 10 because of the fuel tank vacuum problem but everything else about the kit is great. Very happy with my decision to pay the extra money for a 4 stroke with a centripetal clutch. But then again I ride the heck out of mine. Hope that helps.

I did forget to mention I did a few mods to the kit. I got rid of the phillips head screws holding the muffler on and got some allen head screws from the local true value for about $1.50 because the muffler blocks you from getting in to tighten the screws well enough with a screwdriver and it kept loosening and blowing out the gasket, I also bought some high tack at a car parts store to help the muffler seal better. I cut off the factory end for the kill switch wire connectors and used some heat shrink butt connectors to keep moisture out better.

Last edited:

bbeza24

Nov 26, 2011
california
well thats cool to see someone else is new im going to end up buying a two stroke cause it goes faster im not going to use it for an everyday transportation just for fun you know it looks fun so ill give it a shot as well the two stroke looks more easy maybe if i like the hobby ill buy a four stroke later down the road but thanx for the advice and im going to buy the motor kit tonight

Kahlas

Nov 27, 2011
Illinois
well that motor I bought is running a 44T sprocket on the rear end, with a 36T you'd get 41 MPH which is pretty darn fast on a MB. But out of curiosity let us know how your motor does and what kind, always looking for the next best thing here.

bbeza24

Nov 26, 2011
california
well i think i might have to buy a 4 stroke cause bikeberry.com said i cant get a 2 stroke cause of c.a.r.b laws in california does anyone know where i can get a two stroke in too california