Found a solex...what's it worth?

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Found a french made solex behind the local radiator shop .dosent run right now ,needs an elec update . So whats a good price? Anyone know how to tell what year it is?
The guy who knows the owner said he thought it would go for around two hundred ???
Any help greatly appreciated ...

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Does it have a license plate. If so, there must be title, registration. It would be on that. If the seller doesn't know, maybe he isn't the owner and hasn't the "legal right" to sell it.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i have a 69 solex. the solex is a motorized bicycle and dosen't come with a tittle. it may have come with an MSO when new but most people no longer have them. a solex in mint like new condition will sell for around $500. a rough but running one will go for around $250. a barn find thats all there but dosen't run is around $150 or less. there not that rare and there now being made new again in asia and sell for around $1800 for a new one.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
There is some kind of paper work with the bike ? The owner dosent speak a word of english tho so it's kinda hard to communicate... It's not in prime shape ! Prob offer him $120 and see what happens.
Sure looks like a 70's era bike wish it came with this accessory
http://db.tt/NgG80VxM
That or it's back to work on the time machine, can't you see M J Fox asking Dan "you built a time machine out of a solex" snork...

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Forgot to add, I am restoring one of these. I found a build date on the wheels when cleaning them of 1973, so that sorta dates it 73/74. Brian could ident it if you shot him a pic.

Ilovemylife

Oct 18, 2017
Found a french made solex behind the local radiator shop .dosent run right now ,needs an elec update . So whats a good price? Anyone know how to tell what year it is?
The guy who knows the owner said he thought it would go for around two hundred ???
Any help greatly appreciated ...
The date will be on the engine block