Where to buy good quality M6 studs

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I know lowes has metric nuts and they also must have some metric bolts.

A auto store (like autozone or advance auto parts) that sells bolts is also a good place.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I buy the threaded rod from Fastenall and cut it to the lengths I want, clean up the ends with a file or Dremel & good to go. Top quality at a fair price. These guys are knowledgeable and give you what you need. Take in a stud with you to be sure you get the right thread & pitch... get your nuts at the same time and any other fasteners you need for your bike. You'll save a lot over Ace if you can even find what you want at Ace.
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I buy the threaded rod from Fastenall and cut it to the lengths I want, clean up the ends with a file or Dremel & good to go. Top quality at a fair price. These guys are knowledgeable and give you what you need. Take in a stud with you to be sure you get the right thread & pitch... get your nuts at the same time and any other fasteners you need for your bike. You'll save a lot over Ace if you can even find what you want at Ace.
SB
I agree with SB Ace used to be the helpfull place but you have to bring the bank with. They seem to be cutting out a lot of specialty things. But I have also found some bolts there that Fastenall did not have.

I think you can buy regular studs at the part stores ( NAPA, Carquest, Autozone.) If you can't cut your own.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
hi try usa bike motors .com they carry a stud replacement kit they replace the studswhich are 6 to grade 12 plus all the restof the bolts on your motor i have it on my bike and i really like it its worth 28.00 bucks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Why use studs?
Why not replace them with Allen head cap screws? They're better quality steel, look better and you only have one thread to worry about. The smaller heads typically seat better against the welds on the intake and exhaust manifolds and you only need a 5mm Allen wrench to tighten them.
Far better than studs and nuts; especially for the manifolds but I use them for the mounts too. They're available at Ace, Grainger, Tractor Supply or any industrial fastener supply outlet. No cutting, no cleaning up the ends, just tighten the up and go riding.

Tom