Problem with carb on HuaSheng 142

GoldenMotor.com

Criminal Lawyer

Jul 29, 2010
Bozeman
Hello all,
I am very new to this whole thing and have limited mechanical skills or knowledge. I just bought one of these HS 142 4G-T-Belt Transmision Kits and am having a problem with the carb. It has been leaking gas out of the top relief valve of the carb randomly. I can determine no rhyme or reason for why it happens. Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Welcome! It sounds to me that your float is sticking open, causing the gas to flow out of the overflow tube. First take the float bowl off by removing the 10mm bolt on the bottom of the carburetor. Look for debris in the float bowl and remove it. Then carefully spray carb cleaner, WD-40, compressed air to the exposed underside of the carb to dislodge any remaining debris, especially up the center tube at the bottom where the main jet resides. Once cleaned, put it back together and you should be good to go.

But....before you go to far get a good in-line gas filter to keep this from happening again. As well, remove the petcock valve from the gas tank (drain the gas first of course) and clean the screen filter that is attatched. This should take care from this happening again unless the float needs a slight adjustment to keep from overflowing. There are plenty of threads on this subject with a small search.

Cheers and good luck!