Ratio Rite mixing cup

GoldenMotor.com

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
Ever since I bought my motorized bike, I 've relied upon guessing the right amount of oil to put into a fuel mixture. Or if I bought the right oil container, I would have used the measured markings on the side of the bottle. After some looking, I found this: Amazon.com: RATIO RITE CUP - Kam-Tech -: Automotive.

The Ratio Rite measuring cup has markings for ratios from 16:1 to 70:1. Markings for 1, 1.5, 2, and 2.5 gallons. Since buying this, I'm sure that I'm mixing the right ratio of oil to gasoline.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
For lawn equipment I use to use the premix measured packages of 2 cycle oil and it was for 2 gallons so I always used a 2 gallon can and there was never no guessing, maybe thats not the right ratio for a happy times buy its idiot proof if it is.

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
This pup works pretty good, as well easy to keep clean:

Mix Mizer
I believe the MixMizer is best for small batches (like for a metal fuel tank on our bikes). What I like about the Ratio Rite cup is that it has a cover to keep dirt out and it has plastic notches indicating ratios for four different batch sizes. The mixing cup is useful for making gallon size batches; this is especially good for making lawn equipment batches quickly for premix containers.

Ratio Rite is good for general use.

Last edited:

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
i use a shot glass becaus i am using amsoil and i only need 1.5 oz for one gallon of gas i bought at walmart for 1.50 plus tax it works great for me

HT2005

Aug 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
It comes with a cover? Nice. Maybe we should carry that one as well!
You should. The ratio increments are as follows:

8:1, 10:1, 12:1, 14:1, 16:1, 20:1, 24:1, 28:1, 32:1, 36:1, 40:1, 44:1, 50:1, 60:1, 70:1

One side of the cup has ratio markings, the other side has standard measurments markings. The measuremens are in pints , cubic centimeters, and fluid ounces.

The only downside is that, due to the fact that the diameter increases from the bottom-up, there is left over residual oil that pools on the bottom of the container after settling. This amount is negligible compared to the amount of oil that is poured.

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
i got a large glass measuring cup. i use a 40:1 mix, so i fill it with a litre of gasoline and add 25ml of oil then i just pour it in the tank with a funnel

jay sawdust

Aug 11, 2009
kauai,hawaii
I bought a simular cup today...its great....I have 2 bikes....ones breaking in....ones broken in....I mix one gal at 50:1 ..then mesure out a halph gallon..filling the cup a couple times filling broke in bike....then add a little gas to cup (graduations dont go all the way to bottom of cup)....note level in cup...then add enough oil to make that halph gallon of 50:1...32:1 and mix remaining gas and fill tank for new motor....try that with a shot glass....lol Its nice not having to guess.....J