18hp E-trike

GoldenMotor.com

Recumpence

Aug 30, 2009
Illinois
Hey Guys,

I am new here. Aussiejester referred me to this forum. Greetings!

Here is a picture of one of my E-bikes (I use RC motors and Lipo batteries on all my builds).

This is a 12,500 watt twin RC motored running two Astro Flight 3220 motors, two Castle Creations HV140 controllers and a 48 volt, 30 amp hour 20C lipo pack. It runs 0 to 50 mph in 4.5 seconds if the pavement allows good hook. Normally it smokes the tire violently.

Anyway, I will post more as time goes on.

Enjoy!

Oh, I have a youtube video of it running, but I was not able to post the link...........

Matt

Attachments

Last edited:

Recumpence

Aug 30, 2009
Illinois
No, that is Gary. He is a friend of mine, though.

My video will be up soon.

My video does have a dead spot at the beginning too as I setup the camera and fire up the trike.

That is where the similarities end, though.

Matt

Last edited:

Recumpence

Aug 30, 2009
Illinois
Just sold the trike. I have $4,000 invested in it and 18 hours of labor (much of the parts are production parts I have outsourced for me). The trike sold for $6,500!

I will be building two more this month..........

Matt

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Just a question, what kind of range do the lipos give you? Well when you're not smoking the back tire off that is. :D

I know when I made the switch from NiMh to 20c lipo packs in my planes I couldn't believe the power and long flight times I was getting.

Recumpence

Aug 30, 2009
Illinois
I am running 12S 6P 30amp-hour 20C Turnigy Lipos.

The trike is capable of 50miles leaving 20% capacity in the pack. But, where is the fun in that? If I do "Normal" riding of some wheel smoking, some drifting, some high speed, some cruising, and some pedalling, I average about 35 to 40 miles on a charge.

If I just cranked on it the whole time, the pack would need a recharge in about 15 miles.

Matt