Need help please

GoldenMotor.com

c-malo

Apr 1, 2014
San Diego, C.A
Hi my name is Carlos Malo,
im having problems with my engine bike. i'm guessing it is a 66c engine because of the slanted spark plug, I am currently mixing 50ml. of yamalube 2r per Lt. of 91 octane gasoline.
*engine will hesitate to start, after ruining for about 5 minutes it will stall when having a medium throttle.
*carburetor will leak, but was able to fix by cleaning with carburetor cleaner and adjusting floater pin , currently intermediate leaking.
*gasoline in spark plug Chamber (NGK-B6HS 0.036)
*engine overheating
*back wheal got stuck but later became funtional.
*lastly wil not star or ever try sound like it will.
Please help this is my transportation to work
:-||

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
It is very difficult to diagnose unknown engine problems long distance like this. Worst case scenario, for about $100 you can buy a new engine.

Last edited:

c-malo

Apr 1, 2014
San Diego, C.A
Use the basic formula, is there adequate:
fuel
spark
compression
If not find out why by process of elimination.

* I am currently working on it, (chain tension)
* I took the spark plug out and it look ok not as much gas as before
* the little spring inside the spark plug cable is missing, can i replace it with a copper wire?

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
If u r using the spark plug and cap that came with the engine kit, throw them away and buy a name brand cap and plug from a scooter store. This may be the problem.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Ok look I'm not going to hold your hand through this process. You have to take some initiative and figure this out. Jury rig the plug cap and see if it helps. If it does then replace the cap with a quality name brand cap...

The plug cap may or may not be the problem. There my be multiple problems.
Most likely an automotive cap won't work. The cap has to twist onto the plug wire just like the current cap does.
zpt

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Hi Carlos, welcome to the forum... Many of the answers you seek can be found by using the Google site search at the top of the page (between the banner ads up there). If you're still confused after searching there's usually someone around to help explain and/or clear things up.