Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motor Bicycle Safety And Stolen Motorized Bicycle Alerts

Motor Bicycle Safety And Stolen Motorized Bicycle Alerts Share safety tips for motorized bicycles. Some of these bicycle engines will reach great speeds and need respect. Also post stolen motorized bicycle and maybe someone will let you know if seen

12 mm Master U Lock

Share safety tips for motorized bicycles. Some of these bicycle engines will reach great speeds and need respect. Also post stolen motorized bicycle and maybe someone will let you know if seen

Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default 12 mm Master U Lock

These are my preferred locks for my motorbikes. Small and easy to use. Today I had to get one off one of my bikes and I couldn't find the key. No problem, I bought a "master key" on sale that worked fine. Went through it like it was butter. I thought that maybe I would have to use the Dremel to get through the case hard, but no the master key worked just fine.

Got it on sale too a while back.

Kinda disturbing to know that even with half inch locks a twenty dollar tool can open it in 10 seconds eh? Yup, locks are to keep honest people honest.

With a pickup truck, a buddy and a 30 inch bolt cutter you could steal 20 bikes a day.

If you have to lock your bike in sight lock it where lots of people can see it. Your lock ain't even going to put a nick in a big bolt cutter.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: 12 mm Master U Lock

There's a video somewhere that shows a guy with bolt cutters in his backpack. He steals a bike and tries to ride off but the bike owner catches him and proceeds to pound him into the ground. The whole thing is captured on a surveillance camera.
Yep, there isn't much a good set of cutters won't cut. And quick too.

Tom