A tool for???

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I haven't taken the covers off my new 2 stroke but have on my old engine. Maybe I'll try it out on the old and see how it works.
Taking the covers off a new engine is one of the first things to check if everything looks OK and the bevel gear flat head screw is tight.

I haven't had too much trouble with the pullers.
i would save the puller for when you may need it as using them tends
to damage the threads.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Some of the pullers suffer from the same quality or the lack of as other kit supplied parts, I like most have several of the pullers. I found one to be made of descent steel and use it all the time, I coat the threads with grease to prevent damage or friction. So far so good.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
mine is crappy steel, but keeping threads clean on both the tool & the part to be removed seems to work OK - used 3 or 4 times a day for 4 years here at the shop, I only dress it with the thread file every couple months or so

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
Taking the covers off a new engine is one of the first things to check if everything looks OK and the bevel gear flat head screw is tight.

I haven't had too much trouble with the pullers.
i would save the puller for when you may need it as using them tends
to damage the threads.
Would you recommend I grease the gears (a tab) and chain sprocket with high temp grease if needed too? My new engine is a Skyhawk 66cc.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Temperatures aren't high enough to require 'high temp grease'. Any good quality bearing grease will suffice. Some prefer the grease made for higher temperature applications because of the safety margin but it really isn't necessary.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Temperatures aren't high enough to require 'high temp grease'. Any good quality bearing grease will suffice. Some prefer the grease made for higher temperature applications because of the safety margin but it really isn't necessary.

Tom

I use Lucas Red-N-Tacky grease for everything that needs grease. Works great and also has a high drop temperature for use on automotive wheel bearings.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I agree about the grease too... if it stays put and protects the gears it'll work. I tend to use what I got in my garage or at the shop so mine does get the good stuff, but any decent quality bearing grease will suffice here. No need to spend a fortune on special greases, but if you got it, there's nothing wrong with using it.