this rig is cool no matter who built it

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Russian copy of a 50 year old Rokon Trailbreaker?

They still make them in USA too:
http://www.rokon.com/1_4_trail-breaker.html
Yup... I was about to say it looks a lot like the Rokon Trailblazers, they still amke them here in the U.S. and they are awesome "go anywhere" bikes with their 2 wheel drive and big tires so the bike can even be floated down a stream or climb just about anything...

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Ok now that is awesome! That would be great for the winter months around my area.

So come on you guys....who is going to build the first kit for us?

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Woogie:

Nobody in their right mind would build a kit for a Rokon Trailbreaker.

They still make them, and the price reflects the specialized gear boxes to provide 2 wheel drive. You might keep an eye on Craigslist, sometimes older ones get sold for far less than they are worth. The WB 820 2 stroke is still in production & parts are available.

The rising popularity of fat tire bikes on the other hand may give you a way to get close to that bike for winter weather. 2 wheel drive with electrics would be much easier.

The very high price of lightweight batteries will make it an expensive project. It is unlikely that anyone would kit such a bike, with single digit monthly sales.

Just for fun, here is a 2wd daily driver. Corbin does not own a car, and rides every where on it:

Corbin on Mullholand

And here is a 10kw MTB - swap that drive in to a Moonlander...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64KjPxjwQog

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That is pretty darn cool!

The apparent lightness of it suggests a very small battery however, and the video didn't show it.

Rugged as heck but if it's only good for a couple of miles not much use.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I think the original intent behind them was to have soldiers parachute in with them, then assemble them and cross what ever terrain they had to. A lot of odd or curious things like this came out of the "war time" minds (and still do), and often just don't work out or arrive too late to be used effectively.