2 Motorized Classics

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Ive been going back and forth about trying to sell some higher quality custom bikes. And I guess Ill never know until I give it a try. I can always build another. I know this forum is mainly for the DIYer but possibly someone might be lurking about looking for a bike or might ask a member where they could get a great bike. Both of these bikes are slightly used.... If interested PM me. Any questions besides price please feel free to ask. I can deliver these within MA , RI , CT , Both have Ma. Registration.. Do not want to ship as these have been run and have fuel throught system...So up for sale are

1953 Schwinn Spitfire DX

I will update with current finished pics for this bike tomorrow.
66cc Zoombicycle Motor, Matched ports , SBP exp chamber, Springer Fork, Quick Brick W.W. , Front disc brake, Custom rear mount tank, choice of handlebars. THIS BIKE IS SLIGHTLY USED less than 1 gal of gas. Great solid running Bike.

1950 Schwinn Panther

79cc HF ( govenor removed) EZM final Belt Drive, Stainless rear wheel sheave, 90mm front sturmey Archer drum brake, Custom laced (12 ga. Stainless Spokes) Husky Wheels, Quick Brick Black wall tires, Monark Springer-Custom Stainless Steel Tank-and layback post by Sportscarpat, Custom paint, SBP throttle, custom welded motormounts.

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Those Are very nice bikes. You might want to also list them on craigslist. I am sitting on four bikes right now and trying to sell at least 2 so I can build another.

Its a hard game when you have quality bikes, most people want cheap junk...I dont get it...

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Chain your Panther is a very nice bike as well as the dx.We all know you have alot of money into these just by what we see....why no price? I think you would get a feel for what people would actualy pay.Custom bikes are hard to sell and I wish you good luck.How much for the beast(s)!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I concur with CCC... List 'em on Craigslist & list the price high! This way you can knock a couple hundred off for the customer & make him happy & still make good money! ;)
There are two types of buyers for these; 99% are the ones who have no money, & 1% are the ones who can afford a real nice toy... You're gonna sit back & wait for that 1% to find you!! ;)

Last edited:

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
The bikes look great but the economy is just killing most people out there. I collect and sell bicycles from the late 1800s to the 1940s and done good one some and been killed on others. You will have to be patient or may have to flex on them a bit. I agree with VMB on pricing them high so someone can feel they were able to deal but don't go too high and scare people away. Also, you have to list a price, I don't even call if they don't list a price. Good luck and I really like the bikes!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Both are beauties for sure ChainMan.

Will show your link to a buddy later today. He has been looking for some thing like your 1953 Schwinn Spitfire DX.