"About" page...

GoldenMotor.com

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
May I suggest if possible to have an "About" page...
Like when did this forum all began, the objectives, etc...

How many were the initial members?

Some history on the motorbicycling.com...

Also, it would be nice to know what was the first thread that was posted that started it all... :)

The reason I'm suggesting this is that I was searching for the forum's anniversary and could not find it. :(

Is it 24 Dec 2007?

That would make the Anniversary on Christmas day...

Or are these information too confidential to divulge or vBulletin does not allow this?

I saw the 'Why', and probably the 'Who', can't find the 'When', 'How', and 'Where'...

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am in the middle of some changes to the forum and soon as i get caught up i will see about doing something like that. forum actually got put online on dec 23, 2007. initial member was me lol. objective was to have a fun nice place to learn about motorized bicycles which is a big pasion of mine. i wanted a forum that did not have politics and all the other garbage that usually is on forums. shortly after i started bikeguyjoe, dave31 Ilikeabikea,redb66 and norman and lots of great new members helped get it all going. i have met lots of people i now call friends and love the forum. My grandaughter and grandson helped with the colors and things like that for the forum which to me was priceless times. them going yuck, ohhh and then ya i like that papa untill we got the layout we have now. we have seen lots of new companies start and i believe the forum helped them alot like sickbikes and a few others and also have helped many people enjoy thier motorized bicycles while sharing how we can all make ours better and repair them when they break down. That is what the forum is all about and i am proud to say i think we have been acomplishing all our goals. and for that i thank the great moderators we have and also the wonderful members of this forum

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I had said this on another thread but really think it was a pivotal turn in how the forum and group dynamic turned into the kind and giving place it is now. Paul, when asked about duplicate threads or some thing similar said (am paraphrasing) "I don't want to stifle free flowing ideas" Seems like a small thing but kept (in my perception any way) "here" a fun and non-antagonistic place to discuss MBs and enjoy the company of other enthusiasts. Not be just an online manual. Way back when. 3 yrs? That's a hundred and 12 yrs in real time, the only other was at that time, not real cordial.

"Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, MotorBicycling.com, leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest—for a shining planet ..." That was way funnier in my head.

I really think mention of this would be important. It happened just as this forum was getting really big and could have gone the other way.

Dunno. I just like the humanity of how this place works. How many forums look out kindly for new folks? I used to check the intro page every day to make sure every one was greeted. Now, they'r always welcomed b4 I get there. Just think that typifies the good folks here. The body of the snake follows the head sort of thing.