Hello from Tucson

GoldenMotor.com

billy02

Oct 4, 2009
Tucson, Az
I'm a long time bicycle rider, but my legs aren't what they used to be. I got an Ebike to help me pedal. I really like it except for the limited range imposed by the battery. For that reason I got a 48cc 2cycle engine kit for my mountain bike. I'm retired so I have some time I can spend building things.

hmlhogan

Jul 23, 2009
Kingman, AZ
Hello from Kingman AZ. Building 1st MB. Looking to move to Tucson in 6 months, will be looking for other MB fellows to ride with or at least meet for coffees/teas. Death race sounds great also.
Michaeldrn2

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Like Cali haz no MBs o_O

laff
yeah, but california's huge. there's 3 bikes i've seen around my neighborhood, and none of us hang out together.

i lived in tucson in 1980 till 83. speedway and alvernon, i think. there used to be an old abandoned skatepark there, the "desert wave." we spent weeks bucketing all the scummy, green water out of there. the weinerschnitzel next door had a green algae stain in their parking lot for years because of us. that was right across the street from "the bashful bandit" biker bar. used to race bmx at reid park and manzanita, before i gave up bikes to ride skateboards.

i was even an extra in the "revenge of the nerds."

man, i'm old.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I share your engine preference. An ebike that will take me the full 25 miles to work (one way) costs big bucks.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hello from Kingman AZ. Building 1st MB. Looking to move to Tucson in 6 months, will be looking for other MB fellows to ride with or at least meet for coffees/teas. Death race sounds great also.
Michaeldrn2
...That bike looks like....uhhhh.....a bomb ?....that's a HUGE gas tank !....I'd be afraid to ride it....all that gas has to add a boatload of weight and not to mention the fact that at half full the gas sloshing around would drastically throw you and the bike around also....but it DOES look cool !.....welcome to the fold !

Laters,
Salty.shft.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Hey guys, just let us know when and where in tucson and you will have two more riders show for sure!!!

hmlhogan

Jul 23, 2009
Kingman, AZ
What you see is only a shell hiding the kits small 1/2 gaal tank to give it a look as of tthe board track racers. Got idea from HoughMade CycleWorks bike which was also quite cool looking. I also have a smaller looking tank that fits inside top and mid bars which schould be close to 1/2 gal. I will swap out tanks as to the feel I want that day, oldies or mod custom look. But thanks for you input, thats why I post my designs. Michael

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
What you see is only a shell hiding the kits small 1/2 gaal tank to give it a look as of tthe board track racers. Got idea from HoughMade CycleWorks bike which was also quite cool looking. I also have a smaller looking tank that fits inside top and mid bars which schould be close to 1/2 gal. I will swap out tanks as to the feel I want that day, oldies or mod custom look. But thanks for you input, thats why I post my designs. Michael

Ahhhhh....I see now and have also seen Hough's stuff also....very cool ideas !

Laters,
Salty

billy02

Oct 4, 2009
Tucson, Az
"Holy Cow Bikeman, look at all these replies!!!"
I haven't been back to this thread since I posted it back in Oct., & I didn't realize that folks would be replying. Oops! Originally I was calling around Tucson looking for a gas bike to buy. In the course of the search I hit a place with ebikes for sale. I got one & it's new & pretty & I really like it, except for the very limited range imposed by the battery. (12-18mi) Sooo I started looking for an engine kit for the Hard Rock 21 spd I've had for coupla years. I found one, married the two & the result is old & rode hard, & sportin' this tiny engine she sure ain't pretty, & I love it!!!! On both bikes I use the motors to help me pedal. I'm old & fat & I need the excercise! I got a route west on Speedway from Kolb to Columbus, down Columbus to Pima & back up Pima to Kolb & home. I try to ride it at least once a day & it's really helping my legs. Once in a while I'll just let the motors do the work, but I try to keep it to a minimum.
B02

Attachments