Forum Members by State & City ???

GoldenMotor.com

wyatt_1st

Jul 25, 2009
austin texas
I saw in the forum today that some riders in arizona started adding thier name to a list to see how many forum members are in thier state . I think that is a great idea but would like to expand on it let me explain why. we could take it further as what town do you live in so others would know if you are close . what is your motorbike expertise rider only , builder of electrics or motorized , you may be a welder you may be a painter you may be a dealer? it would seem that those that want to participate and give this information out could help our local riders builders and dealers get answers organise local rides and exhibits etc.it would be great to meet some people on the site in person in my area. if people like the idea just put your name and info your comfortable sharing, state and town what you do such as rider,builder, dealer painter etc . then copy and paste do a reply and add your name to the bottom of the list . the only problem i see is the forum letting us keep a permanent link for every state and country for the members .how about it moderators any thoughts on this ? example My name is wyatt im in austin texas im a builder and a rider boardtrack replicas are my main interest.I would like to particpate in local rides and events as well as help others involved in our hobby. this is just a possible and im sure could be improved upon. how about some opinions on this??

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
!HOW! Crazy Horse here any riders in the Washington, D.C. Metro area, available for rides!

I'm in Rockville / Bethesda Maryland, three miles from Maryland & Washington, D.C. Line.

PM me if you like to meet up for a ride around Town.

Peace Crazy Horse!

wyatt_1st

Jul 25, 2009
austin texas
sorry guys i tried to delete this once i saw it posted in the wrong area?? i sent it to the administrator though for review as to doing it by state and a permanent link. you both said you were in but only one left info ? and how we would find the info in the future see the problem? thats why i think it needs the sites help to sort it out!

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
sorry! Iam in the Decatur, IL area 35 miles due east of Sprinfield, 50 miles due south of Bloomington, and 45 miles due west of Champaign.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Here's how I find people

1) Go to search

2) Go to advance search

3) In "Key Words" type in your state or city

4) Go to "search forum" and click on "Introduce Yourself"

5) Click "Search now" and there you go

I think ya got the ideal..........

Last edited:

wyatt_1st

Jul 25, 2009
austin texas
Well glad to know im not the only one here that would like to see this set up . it really would be nice for get togethers by city or state.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Yep,
It would be very cool to find another motorbicyclist within a hundred miles of here... Ely, Minnesota in the Arrowhead region a hundred miles inland from Duluth and about 40 miles as the crow flies to Canada. I'm a rider and aspiring builder. Love the old cruisers.
Silverbear

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
just to let you know i am not ignoring this request. i am trying to figure out that best way to do it so give me a little time. i am old and not a computer wiz but i do figure how to do things sooner or later lol

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
I'm in.I just had two guy's stop in here yesterday looking for a master link and they are from Sanford and I had no idea that they had built their own.
We need to organize into local clubs/national club/world club/universal club.oops sorry I got carried away.
But you get the message!There's strength in numbers and the numbers are growing! Kip.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
give me a week or two, I dabble in web development, and I think it would be a fun project to attempt. I have a server and domain I can piggy back for a awhile to see if it works. If it works someone will have to sweet talk Paul into letting us integrate here. the piggy back solution would in no way be permanent. I am envisioning a Google Map with forum members flagged and vendors pinned as well so the case is easier to make to Paul