Hello!

GoldenMotor.com

grease monkey

Feb 17, 2015
Wisconsin
Hello i am grease monkey! Im new to the forum and have a few questions. I have had an engine installed on my bike for about two years now and its time for a bit of a rebuild. Im looking to order some parts like gaskets, a better chain tensioner, etc. I have been looking at bike berry, sick bike parts and gas bike.net are these good places to get parts of good quality and good prices? or are there better places to shop?? I am also curious what is the difference between 410 chain and 415 chain? Are they interchangeable? Forgive me if i am missing something obvious here. Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:

grease monkey

Feb 17, 2015
Wisconsin
Hello to you Trey! Thankyou for the quick reply and warm welcome! My chain tensioner is on its last leg and theirs just about enough slack in the chain to potencialy remove some link(s) so i may try just removing links. Sputter (my bike) is buried in the corner of the garage for now (until things warm up and the snow goes away!) so it will be a bit before i start ordering things, rebuilding, and posting pics. Also your link dosnt work maybe its just my computer...?

{EDIT your link works now, very helpful thank you!}

Last edited:

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
gWelcome Grease Monkey, Sounds to me like you need to slap a ski on the front of that bike and stud the rear tire and make a snow mobile outta it :D
(I dont live where it snows so dont listen to me!)

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Hey.
I had to edit that link because I'm still learning to operate this thing.lol

Here's a link to a good discussion on chain tensioners; http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=56080
I prefer to not have one. Others do. There are some really good alternatives to the kit tensioners, from bolt-on to weld-on. And on some builds, they are necessary.
That's too bad your gas-bike is in the corner, hopefully soon! I've been riding here in Montana, winter has been pretty mild.

grease monkey

Feb 17, 2015
Wisconsin
gWelcome Grease Monkey, Sounds to me like you need to slap a ski on the front of that bike and stud the rear tire and make a snow mobile outta it :D
(I dont live where it snows so dont listen to me!)
Great idea......now how do i stop?? because anytime the brakes are wet, well lets just say dont plan on stopping any time soon! lol

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Great idea......now how do i stop?? because anytime the brakes are wet, well lets just say dont plan on stopping any time soon! lol
A handy snow bank, or Conveniently placed snowman perhaps? These things sound like they would slow you down... lol

Like I said, snow is beyond me, I dont even konw how people operate in that stuff.

would disk breaks be affected by it? :S

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
yeah, the day after I moved here in 2011 it snowed. there was headlight and tail light glass littering the entrances and exits of every parking lot, We were walking up and down the road looking for jobs, and as were crossing the parking lot of walmart this guy slides in and Krumps his car into a storm drain.... I guess to justify it to the passersbys (us) he got out and says
"Broke the Axel on my Jeep trying to get out of the drive way this morning" ;)
and then his wife pokes her head out of the car and says
"and now he is trying to wreck my car!"

I have trouble trusting people here when it rains, Snow is right out.

Last edited: