New Guy From Cincinnati

GoldenMotor.com

forrestsmith

May 29, 2012
Cincinnati
Well after my share of fixing up old Bicycles and and a few mopeds and Mini Bikes, thought it was time I made my own. Seems like I have been looking at the engine kits on and off for over a decade. Started with a old mountain bike and some extra parts I had, going to try to get a vintage look on a budget. Got the kit from Boy Go Fast On EBAY, I hope it runs better than his service or his rear sprocket:eek:Just going to take my time building it. This is it early in the build.

Forrest

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Welcome, nice and clean build. Here's what can suggest to help. When installing you rear sprocket grease up the bearings, after centering and starting the 9bolts&nuts number them opposite of each other. You'll have a torque pattern. Use a cordless drill&driver,10mm socket. Turn the clutch Down to #1 and run the torque pattern . Then bring the clutch up to #3 and do it again , and again until you feel your there. This is the fastest and most accurate way. However it to do this first, so you can put the wheel on the bike and check it for trueness by turning the upside-down and spin the wheel. I pray it run well . I bought first from him and it locked up 45 mins in. Good luck.

lucajo16

Dec 12, 2013
cincinnati, ohio
Hay john my name is josh and I am also a native Cincinnati bicyclist. I live off of Hamilton ave in college hill. Have you rode your bike on public roads yet john? Also have you been stopped by any of the nati police for riding the thing? I own an electric bike and I don't see them ever stop me on my bike. They say I need to get off the road and I get honked at by drivers sometimes but Eh. Message me cause I got my first project im starting here soon.