which engine?

GoldenMotor.com

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
i have been planning on getting an 80cc engine on ebay for a while, but its hard to decide on which kit to buy. is there really a difference between the "limited edition" motor which is supposed to be better and the regular "upgraded" motor?

also i was wondering how well these kits can get a 160 pound person up a hill? i live in New Hampshire so i have some pretty decent ones.

thanks a lot, im looking forward to your reply!

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Well I can't really tell about the hills your asking about. An 80? cc motor will help you up most of them, you may have to peddle a little. How fast how steep are factors young man. I can pull a 12% hill about 60 feet up with my 50cc if I can get about 10 mph start.
I weigh 210. Welcome! You will have SO much fun here rotfl (c)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi Mechanickid, welcome. For a kit, go with one of the many dealers here who have been doing it for a wile. Many folks fall in love with the concept and open a web page and it can be hard to figure out the pros from the hobbiesists. (LOL, sp) The kits from China are what they are. Amazining lil motors that are over taxed and do a great job. They can do around 30 mph but cruise happily at around 20. I weigh 165 and easily go up hill at around 15 with out peddling. On a steep hill I can do 30 with.

I get around 133 MPG on the bike I ride the most, but live in a very flat area.

There is a review of dealers here, but I could not find the link 4U. (a lil help?) But if I could be so bold as to suggest, read up on it b4 you buy. not that $200 is a vast amount of cash, but it is still $200. Thatsdax is great and bluecoller is as well. But ask around and find what works for you.

Great to meet you and post pics!

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
i probably have the biggest hill for miles around, i would say its about a 22% angle for 400 feet. i might need gears!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh man, wait until you meet Deacon and Comfortibleshoes. They does some great DIY work. Look at the DIY section. Some really cool stuff.

Last edited: