Hello everyone.

GoldenMotor.com

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Hello everyone. I have a Mixte framed bicycle I'm about to fit a Chinese engine to. I understand this is tricky, but it can be done if you hold your mouth right. Bicycles are very much my thing and the old ones are especially my favourites. I've been told this is the place to come to if I want to motorise my bicycle so here I am .blady daxtitg

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. My wife rides a mixte and i would never have thought to mount the engine as you did. I would have probably gone with a friction drive on a mixte. You truly are intrepid.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Welcome to the forum. My wife rides a mixte and i would never have thought to mount the engine as you did. I would have probably gone with a friction drive on a mixte. You truly are intrepid.
Um, that's not my bike, that's just the picture of the bike that inspired me to have a go at a Mixte conversion myself. It's a very clean and tidy conversion though and if mine turns out that well I'll be very happy.

Popat

Jan 27, 2012
India
hello am also new here. Nice bike you have there, does this Mixte framed bicycle runs on engine as well?

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Hello to both of you!dance1

Popat, sorry, I don't know what you're asking.

Intrepid Wheelwoman, are you handy with tools, bicycles and small engines?

Just want to know what your skill level is.

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
Popat: I noticed you on the thread you started in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. Are you currently riding or are you looking for ideas? Intrepid: I've seen a frame like that in Seattle, it is quite a tight fit, you might consider a friction drive set up, and personally, the angle of the fuel tank makes me nervous! Maybe a rear mount?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Welcome, here are my guidelines for building: predominant riding terrain, local legal requirements, rider and budget. Good luck with your build hope to see pictures soon.