ghost of a greyhound

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I built this bike with a greyhound motor a few weeks ago. The motor was pure crap, I know some of you guys had really good luck with them, but mine was just trouble from day one, so I finally just returned it. I tried to buy a predator on line from HF, but it stayed on back order forever.

I got lucky and bought a good lifan motor from Lowracer, thanks man, so I am rebuilding the same bike. Since I knew exactly what to do, all I need now is to find a 20" rear wheel for the bike and it's bolt on and it's ride time. I am looking forward to giving it a try.

It's an over the rear wheel direct drive thing. Just a wasp bike on super steroids..

daRog

Apr 15, 2011
California
I finally gave up trying to get an engine from my local HF store. They sold out of the Greyhounds months before they were discontinued and sold all their allotted Predator engines almost as soon as they arrived in the store.

I find it strange HF will allow stock to sit unsold in some locations that would fly off the shelves in other places.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well Deacon, I'd really like to see pics of this new project!

...Does anyone call the order line and ask them to check THEIR computer and find out where stock is located at?
I'm sure it could be done.
I talked with a gal named Marisol when ordering way back when... she seemed like a real sweetie!

Best
rc

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I called and found a predator in a store twenty miles away but I don't drive a car any more so it would have to be bought when I happened to be in town with my wife which might be a year from now. So I was thrilled to get the Ilfan from lowracer. I would rather have them already past the bs stage so It was perfect for me.