Other uses for bike engines?

GoldenMotor.com

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I've just been wondering. Has anyone used a bicycle engine to power something other than a bicycle? Some of the ads for these engines suggest that you can use them for go-carts or boats too. I was thinking just for the sake of irony, maybe powering a weed eater with one. :D

Tacomancini

Mar 18, 2010
Pittsburgh
My other obsession is inexpensive boating. Boating for everybody, something like that. Links on "Pittsburgh Inflatable Yacht Club" | Facebook

I've been navigating the rivers of pittsburgh in a 100 dollar blow up boat with a trolling engine. But I've been looking at the various four stroke motors as a possible solution for a sub 500 water craft. I think a pontoon design with one of these four strokes could make a lot of sense.

I'm sure someone here has done that already. It would be great to have a fold up boat that can be towed by motorbicycle then launched all by one person.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey stingray...ya seen this? For my travelin' Throne! Wanna take it for a spin? Just waitin for my plates to come in the mail before I put the pedals on...

Last edited:

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
Hey stingray...ya seen this? For my travelin' Throne! Wanna take it for a spin? Just waitin for my plates to come in the mail before I put the pedals on...

That's awesome. I jokingly call those Vespa-style scooters "toilet scooters", not because I don't like them but because of the way you have to sit on them. Reminds me of sitting on the throne. I guess yours is the REAL toilet scooter. :D