plug cap doesn't fit plug

GoldenMotor.com

Lucky420

Sep 8, 2009
spokane, WA
I've got a gt-5 kit 66cc. The plug it came with is a LD Z8C and the diameter of the male end is too large to fit into the female plug cap. The cap just sits on top the plug and I'm relying on the rubber booty to hold the thing in place. It works ok but it don't look right. Do I need a different plug wire cap or a different plug or what. Any ideas would be much appriciated.

zpt

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
get rid of the chineese wire and replace with a better wire from local auto store (7mm) and then replace plug with a NGK B5HS. the plug wire just unscrews from the cdi.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Lucky please just unscrew the end of the spark plug and it will all work the way its ment to.

and yeh that plug is crap depending on the temps there b5hs or b6hs is what you want

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
I have the same issue with Lucky...I tried to unscrew the tip of the plug with fliers and not moving at all. There is no notch for a philip or flat screw to get to the plug? Can you please advise how did you unscrew?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Some of the plug tips are very tight but I've never seen one that wouldn't unscrew with a little effort, the right tool or both. Try visegrips or better yet, leave the plug intact and replace the kit supplied plug boot with a good quality automotive item available at any auto parts store. You'll get the boot and a metal terminal that can be crimped or preferably soldered to the plug wire and will fit the sparkplug without removing the end cap.
Tom