New from Gadsden Alabama

GoldenMotor.com

Jcs1989

Jul 31, 2016
Alabama
Enjoying my new motorized bicycle. Have already put 40 miles on it. And have only had to do one thing to it. Design a springed tensioner. With that in place I've hit top speeds of 35.2-6. I have the 4 stroke huasheng Honda clone motor. I like the way the 2 strokes look but I enjoy the reliability an non gas mixing of the 4 stroke. Any tips or hints to make the huasheng an kit more reliable. ? Let me know. So far zero accidents an praying it stay that way. Lol.shft.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy and welcome!! Good look'n scooter!

You may want to keep a close watch on your fenders.......with the higher speed coupled with engine vibrations, they tend to come loose or break the hanger tabs. Bad, bad things happen if the fenders come loose. Several with more 'experience' on this matter may chime in...

Best of luck in your upcoming adventures!

Jcs1989

Jul 31, 2016
Alabama
Thanks ill keep that in mind. Mine cruises at around 26-30 mph an I'm sure a wreck at those speeds would feel great. Lol I may take them off eventually to see the difference. I think the only reason I have them on is for looks mainly. I shortened the rear. But i plan on only rising when it's dry. So in all honest reality they have no real purpose.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Welcome, You did a good job. Looks put together good! As exseler pointed out watch those fender tabs. For tips on safe fenders see my album titled "Safe Fenders" .

Jcs1989

Jul 31, 2016
Alabama
Thanks since then I have shortened an sturdied my fenders up. I'm thinking about getting a little newer cruiser. As this is one I bought from a collector he had sitting out back in the rain. Its an older huffy cranbrook with a steel frame. Which I like, but the welds look a weak.