how to make an engine quieter/stealth

GoldenMotor.com

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
my opinion, i prefer it to be a bit on the loud side. mostly because it lets me hear how the engine is behaving.

really i'd like it to be quiet, but the times when it was really quiet i would 4 stroke and not even notice it sometimes because i couldn't hear it.

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester
hello poeple of this forum!!!! :D

right, where i live in manchester in the united kingdom they have legal requirements for you to be able to ride a bike with an engine. so i was thinking if i make the engine as quite as possible they would never know that it has an engine built on to the bike and i would be happy and they would be happy beocuse they would never find out. i live in a place where there is hardly no police anyway beocuse i live in the county. but yes.

is there any way of making the engine more quite because i have seen some videos and their engine seem's pretyy load, ive read alot about losing power of the engine but im really aint that bothered about that beocuse as long it's quite and hardly no body can here it i anit bothered.

alot of the threads what ive read are all back in 2007-2008 so i was thinking has anybody got any new ideas about to make the engine very quiet????

i will be looking forward to your post's

Cheeeeeeer's

:-||

hi mate,

i live in manchester in middleton, ive seen loads of coppers on mine and never been bothered once.

some laughed, and one police women gave a nice smile.

go figure.

ps, not that id stop if they asked mind. ;)

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
hi mate,

i live in manchester in middleton, ive seen loads of coppers on mine and never been bothered once.

some laughed, and one police women gave a nice smile.

go figure.

ps, not that id stop if they asked mind. ;)
just a thought (since i'm not familiar with the laws there) but that law could be in place to handle the trouble makers that run straight pipes and such.

it may sound cool the first time you hear a straight piped exhaust. but after the 50th time, it just sounds plain annoying ;)

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
i am about to make a homemade expansion chamber for around twenty bucks and then that will allow me to extend the exhaust muffler to the back of the bike and then it will be so cool and cold enough to run a rubber hose off of it . that will be looped by the back seat post. time to figure out the intake noise though.. i will post pics and parts that i used. check out my profile to see some mods i have posted so far. yes with the problem matic stuff on these kits.

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
hello poeple of this forum!!!! :D

right, where i live in manchester in the united kingdom they have legal requirements for you to be able to ride a bike with an engine. so i was thinking if i make the engine as quite as possible they would never know that it has an engine built on to the bike and i would be happy and they would be happy beocuse they would never find out. i live in a place where there is hardly no police anyway because i live in the county. but yes.

is there any way of making the engine more quite because i have seen some videos and their engine seem's pretyy load, ive read alot about losing power of the engine but im really aint that bothered about that beocuse as long it's quite and hardly no body can here it i anit bothered.

alot of the threads what ive read are all back in 2007-2008 so i was thinking has anybody got any new ideas about to make the engine very quiet????

i will be looking forward to your post's

Cheeeeeeer's

:-||
i am surprised after several tanks full of AMSOIL-treated fuel that the engine's power output at low RPMs seems to be higher. I can go faster at a lower engine speeds and the engine can hardly be heard.you might want to 'speriment THAT way first before undertaking any mechanical mods.

This revelation took the time for the engine break-in and apparently time for whatever magic Amsoil offers to take effect.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
OK a decade has passed, but I saw someone viewing this and looked even though not active thread. Funny 10%, does that also mean only 10% fuel usages too? I once used the conduit pipe as a resonator and muffler at the end of a 2 foot section. Also the 2hp cast iron Briggs 5S engine I left as is but then added an old sleeping bag over the conduit pipe and muffler for just a short while at idle speed. All that was heard was the sound of the gears moving in the crankcase. I suspect If I had glass wool material that would not melt or burn around the exhaust section it might be a hit. Cast iron might also be less noisy than cast aluminum due to that metal density? 2hp on 24" Roll Fast motor bike for a light weight 115lb kid had acceptable power back when in teens. I knew that probably half the exhaust was escaping from the corrugated spiral conduit pipe before it even reached the muffler, but it did not cause any issue like would be for automobile. Carbon Monoxide is a killer.