cant get it started

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds like the problem would be in the chain run or in the wheel - I'd unhook the master link and see which

rustyk

Jun 5, 2015
Church Point, La.
somethings wrong with the clutch so i tried a little while to get it off but was unsuccesful, i was scared to crack the case. I researched and found there was a tool that i dont have to remove it, but ill try again today to get it off. didnt want to buy a tool ill probably never use again. Ill ride this thing if it kills me. :-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
very rare for a clutch bearing to seize

take off the pressure plate so the 2 halves can turn separately, then remove the spark plug and turn the bevel gear with a screwdriver - if the motor turns and the outer gear of the clutch turns, then it isn't a clutch problem locking it up - take off chain and see where turning stops

rustyk

Jun 5, 2015
Church Point, La.
doesnt seem like anythings seized, the clutch turns when i rev the engine, and when i spin the back wheel i can see movement through the little drain hole looking thing, its like whatever the clutch turns isnt turning the sprocket that turns the shaft that turns the chain. Thats some nice terminology right there! Wish i could explain a little better.

rustyk

Jun 5, 2015
Church Point, La.
When i get home, ill work on getting the clutch off to get a better idea of whats going on. Engine sounds great though, did some port and polishing i learned from this site, cleaned the carb, also learned here. Learning alot, this sites great. Also when i get it running, ill try to get pictures on here somehow.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if the key was missing on your other shaft, it might be missing on the rear shaft too

look to see if drive sprocket turns with the shaft when you turn the clutch or if shaft turns when you roll the bike - if sprocket & shaft turn together, then you may be missing the key under the clutch - if sprocket & shaft don't turn together, then you may be missing the key under the sprocket

rustyk

Jun 5, 2015
Church Point, La.
Finally got the clutch off, fought with it a while then started the bike with cover off and i guess is vibrated enough that i killed the bike and it came off right away. Took it off, took the side cover off and the little flower nut fell off. Guess it worked itself off over time. Tightened everything up, and it worked. took a short ride down the road and it runs ok. When the bike is off cant pedal the bike, pushed the clutch arm in by hand and i can roll it. I thought with a centrifugal clutch i wouldnt need a clutch handle and cable. Not a problem though, will just put one on, just glad its working. thanks for all the help and suggestions.