New motor,No go!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Decedent

May 15, 2009
Calif.
Hey everybody,I've seen a few threads on here about people installing new motors and them not starting up. I am having the same problem but I tried most the solutions that I have seen and nothing is working.I can get spark when the plug is not in the motor but when I install it,the motor will not fire.If anybody has suggestions,please shoot them my way.Thanks:-||

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Hey everybody,I've seen a few threads on here about people installing new motors and them not starting up. I am having the same problem but I tried most the solutions that I have seen and nothing is working.I can get spark when the plug is not in the motor but when I install it,the motor will not fire.If anybody has suggestions,please shoot them my way.Thanks:-||
If spark is ok then it must be gas. Make sure the float bowl is full. I suggest taking filter off and squirting some into the mouth of the carb. Try starting on a big hill too. This usually gets things going.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you have spark-
Confirm fuel flow to the carb.
Push the primer button for 3 seconds.
Pull the choke lever almost all the way up.
Pedal relatively fast, like a good bicycle cruising speed, and release the clutch.

Work the throttle a little and see what happens.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
turn fuel petcock on. choke on carb up. push primer button like 3 times.
get on bike and peddal fast and release clutch and keep peddaling. if started pull clutch in and stop bike,give throttle and let idle ,push choke down.you may have to do all this twice.

make sure your ground(black) wire is grounded good(engine or frame).

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
EITHER (starting fluid)
Take off the airfilter and give the carb inlet a shot. If it fires then its not electrical.
CAUTION: ONLY USE A LITTLE STARTING FLUID. A LITTLE FLUID MAKES A BIG FIREscratg

Decedent

May 15, 2009
Calif.
Hey all,I finally got it runnin.I just had to make a minor clutch adjustment and it fired right up.I completely disassembled the carb and everything was good.I followed all the pathways for the fuel,tightened everything up and adjusted the clutch spring and BAM,runnin like a champ.I wanna say thanks to all the people who left responses and tips,it was a great help.I should have some pics up in a day or two.Cheers to you all......usflg