My clutch used to work, but it doesn't now!

GoldenMotor.com

noodlecare

Mar 8, 2016
Uk
I have a motorized 2 stroke from bikeberry, and the clutch on it used to be totally fine! Once I decided to remove the clutch cover, and gear cover, I decided to re- assemble everything back together. I noticed that after I put the ball bearing, and bucking bar back in, it stuck out way to far, to put the clutch cover back on... Hopefully anyone can help.

ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED :):-||:-||:-||:-||

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Be sure the flat spot on the clutch arm "cam" is facing the right way.

What all did you take apart? There's not that much inside that can go "wrong".

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I usually start by using the cover screws to force the bar in, then it gets easier to tighten the flower nut by pulling the clutch arm toward you while you spin the flower nut

once the nut is tight enough to leave some play in the arm, adjust your cable, the do the flower nut adjustment, then recheck the cable

noodlecare

Mar 8, 2016
Uk
I usually start by using the cover screws to force the bar in, then it gets easier to tighten the flower nut by pulling the clutch arm toward you while you spin the flower nut

once the nut is tight enough to leave some play in the arm, adjust your cable, the do the flower nut adjustment, then recheck the cable
Thank you for responding to my post! :) I will try this, and hopefully it works... I will keep y'all posted and hopefully it goes all well!